• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Royal Photo Controversy

dgl

Established Member
Photo gets edited, what's next, "pope confirms he is a catholic"

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Typhoon

Established Member
Typical Daily Fail hypocrisy, yesterday Sarah Vine says William and Kate “need to come clean about what’s REALLY going on”, today Bel Mooney says the public reaction is a cynical attempt to force them to reveal what the surgery was for and calls for them to be left alone….
The Sun to the rescue:

LAY OFF KATE The Sun SAYS

(now they know everything is fine)

Attachments

• Lay_Off_Kate.jpg
    Lay_Off_Kate.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 15

8A Rail

Established Member
I'm sure they do plenty, but they will certainly get the subjects' consent first or else they'll be on the wrong end of a libel case (I imagine they get professional editors to do it as well while this photo was clearly an amateur job).
Edits similar to what Princess of Wales carried out but done by a professional photo editor you would not notice it. Therefore again, I stick to my original thought 'Newspaper Editors and their Photographers never edit images do they' and you would not notice it had they done so too, so unless it was a major change, I doubt they would get consent. Likewise, what do you do with 'AI' images too?

The problem here, some Newspaper Editors were looking for a story when there was none there because of some minor changes to an image done by the Princess of Wales. She was the only reason they made a story, because they had nothing better else to do!

Bevan Price

Established Member
Edits similar to what Princess of Wales carried out but done by a professional photo editor you would not notice it. Therefore again, I stick to my original thought 'Newspaper Editors and their Photographers never edit images do they' and you would not notice it had they done so too, so unless it was a major change, I doubt they would get consent. Likewise, what do you do with 'AI' images too?

The problem here, some Newspaper Editors were looking for a story when there was none there because of some minor changes to an image done by the Princess of Wales. She was the only reason they made a story, because they had nothing better else to do!
Perhaps some "unbiased" editors wanted to temporarily deflect attention away from the mess that is the current Tory Party ?