• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

RRB operated by Workington Heritage Transport Trust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dai Corner

Established Member
I noticed the following on Journeycheck

14:19 Barrow-in-Furness to Carlisle service will terminate at Workington - a coach operated by Workington Transport Heritage Trust will depart Wokrington at 15:55 calling at stations to Carlisle.
21:10 Carlisle to Whitehaven service is cancelled - a coach operated by Workington Transport Heritage Trust will depart Carlisle at 21:10 calling at stations to Whitehaven.n

I wonder what they'll turn out for this?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

APT618S

The Wright Scania A 5 XTJ (ex Reading YN05 GXE) worked a Newcastle - Carlisle RRB when the last train was cancelled a few days ago. So this is a possibility rather than something more exotic.

Flange Squeal

Established Member
As well as the Wright Solar-bodied Scania L94UB bus A5 XTJ (YN05 GXE) mentioned by @APT618S above, they have also been using Plaxton Paragon-bodied Volvo B10M coach Y99 TLC (Y741 HWT) on rail work lately also.

They used to use ALX300-bodied MAN 18.220 bus X805 SRM on rail work until fairly recently, but I think the Scania has taken over from that for rail/hire work. Plaxton Premiere-bodied Volvo B10M coach N214 HWX also saw action on rail replacement with the Trust, but I believe that has now been scrapped.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.