• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Rugby Union

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Harvester

Established Member
Just seen that the first Quarter Finals are today. The competitions been going on that long I’d forgotten about it.
Fixtures are arranged so that each team has about a week of recovery time between their matches!

75A

Established Member
Ridiculous starting the season when so many players and the best Referees are still involved in the World Cup.

Really hope England don't reach the Final so that Wayne Barnes can referee it.

GS250

This is no vintage crop of England players. However today they found a way to win against a decent Fiji outfit. As far as I'm concerned these players have done us proud in getting to the semi final.

Kite159

Veteran Member
This is no vintage crop of England players. However today they found a way to win against a decent Fiji outfit. As far as I'm concerned these players have done us proud in getting to the semi final.
Especially with the poor run in the friendy games before the WC

sannox

I'm not sure how any games match this or Ireland v NZ. Both have been utterly fantastic. The top 4 are on another level to the rest

sannox

Sad to see that the poor behaviour of the England fan took the headlines again, what's wrong with these people?

Too much sun and booze. The singing through the Fiji Challenge I thought was poor form.

I've been fed up with the number of people who go to rugby for a p*ss up for some time and it's not only England. Been to Murrayfield and some people were obnoxiously drunk and annoying.

GS250

Sad to see that the poor behaviour of the England fan took the headlines again, what's wrong with these people?

Eh? What happened?

To be fair Rugby fans have never been as angelic as their reputation has suggested.

I remember in Euro 2004 the press went looking for England football fans trying to cause trouble in Portugal. They didn't find any near the stadium so went 100 miles away where they had been tipped off that a large group of English had been rowdy all day. Lo and behold it got reported that a group of around 20 England fans had trashed a restaurant. Later turns out they were a pub Rugby team on tour and had got into an altercation with each other.

Harvester

Established Member
France 28 ... South Africa 29
Excellent game between two very good sides, which could have gone either way. Don’t hold much hope for England, and neither do the bookies considering the generous odds still offered for winning the trophy!

Last edited:

Red Onion

Some brief glimpses of The Pumas looking decent going forward but they were rare and short lived. Sadly a largely one sided affair.

Harvester

Established Member
Zero rugby from either team.. awful for a neutral, let's hope the final next week is a better game.
England almost pulled it off by playing ‘ugly’ with only a point in it at the end. South Africa seemed quite rattled at times! England could well beat Argentina for bronze, and New Zealand probably fancy their chance in the final.

sannox

I thought it was an awful game of rugby especially in comparison to what had been played before. Sure lots of tension if you were a supporter of either but for the neutral it wasn't entertaining.

GS250

England almost pulled it off by playing ‘ugly’ with only a point in it at the end. South Africa seemed quite rattled at times! England could well beat Argentina for bronze, and New Zealand probably fancy their chance in the final.

England's game plan was brilliant. They very nearly pulled off a complete shock.

Those who remember the 1991 final...well that's exactly how England should have played that game too. As opposed to taking the bait from Australia and trying to match them for free flowing rugby.