• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

RV1 and H15 in London

Status
Not open for further replies.

168lover

Hi, what is the best way to ride both these route as they by hydrogen powered buses and routmasters? Also are there any other routes in London with interesting buses?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CatfordCat

Not quite sure I understand the question -

Both are TfL bus routes, so travelcards (one day or otherwise) and oyster card are accepted. TfL are pushing the use of contactless payment cards, but I'm not 100% sure the conductors on 15H have kit that can accept them.

Oyster / Contactless do have a daily 'cap' now.

This page has timetables (note that 15H only runs about 0930 to 1800) and London bus stops all (in theory at least) have full info about what routes serve that stop, and most bus shelters will have a 'where to board your bus' showing what buses go from all the nearby stops.

The same site has 'operational details' (i.e. class of vehicle allocated) and 'service changes' (what's recently changed / what's about to change)

LOTS website
also has recent news, including what new vehicles are entering service.

Busaholic

Veteran Member
The 507 and 521 in Central London both have some all-electric buses in operation as a prelude to becoming completely operated by such buses after August Bank Hol. Waterloo would be a good place to go, as the RV1 also goes there.

Andyh82

Established Member
Hi, what is the best way to ride both these route as they by hydrogen powered buses and routmasters? Also are there any other routes in London with interesting buses?

Depends what you mean by interesting. Many types are interesting if you aren't used to them in your own area.

In London as well as the Borismasters, I find the Scania dd's that East London have interesting as they are relatively rare, the E400MMCs, the Gemini 3s, the East Lancs Olympuses...

CatfordCat

The 507 and 521 in Central London both have some all-electric buses in operation as a prelude to becoming completely operated by such buses after August Bank Hol. Waterloo would be a good place to go, as the RV1 also goes there.

London Vehicle Finder (here) is useful for tracking specific vehicles down.

521 goes through an underpass if that's your thing.

not just any underpass, but an underpass that's part of a former tram subway. more here. The station entrance at Holborn and the ramp complete with tram track at Kingsway are still visible.

GaryMcEwan

Established Member
Having just been in London for the past 5 days, the RV1 terminates and starts on Catherine Street in Covent Garden. The stop for it is literally feet away from the Novello Theatre. Every time I went past there, it was usually a Hydrogen Pulsar that was on it. Although late evening, it's sometimes an E200 that can appear on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.