• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ryder cup - additional trains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mp01

Are there going to be additional trains for the Ryder Cup? Any details?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

anthony263

Established Member
I would have thought we would have heard about it by now if there were, although it could happen

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
Yes, that's it. I haven't seen or heard anything about extra trains.

Last edited:

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
I ain't, but they want the ugly, horrific, unsightly, ghastly new Newport building open for it :D

Last edited:

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
It's supposed to be opneing on time. TBH, I rarely get on or of at Newport! The only time I do it's to transfer to one of those wretched replacement coaches when there's engineering works!

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
I've been to Newport, best thing about it is going back to the rail station to see trains leaving for better places, such as Hell

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
I'm sure it's a lovely place. I did deliberately avoid it for a time, as my ex moved there, but I've just never felt the need to explore the place! I knew a guy who came for there, he said it was a brilliant place!

Dai.

Established Member
Nope, not heard of additional trains, although diversion signs for the park and ride are already up and running!

mrcheek

Established Member
whatever happened to the proposal to get the Gaer Junction curve upgraded for passenger use, so they could run direct trains from Newprot to Ebbw Vale?

anthony263

Established Member
whatever happened to the proposal to get the Gaer Junction curve upgraded for passenger use, so they could run direct trains from Newprot to Ebbw Vale?

As far as i am aware the signalling work has been completed (Unless someone else knows otherwise) i cant remember whether the crossover is in place yet and i think the double track section on the Ebbw Vale branch needs to be extended.

I suspect the Ebbw Vale - Newport services will be very busy, as for the rolling stock i think Arriva are getting 4 class 150's back from FGW however 1 of these could be used to provide a full hourly service between Cardiff & Cheltenham.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Ebbw Vale-cardiff was closed last night for engineering work, nothing else east of Cardiff was :D Pye Corner station is due to open in 2011 along with the new curve/services

TGVDUDE

I've heard there will be on the Friday: 1 VSOE, 1 Pullman, 1 Charter, all 67 hauled. Saturday 1 charter, Sunday 1 charter.

Status
Not open for further replies.