• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SailRail fares post ATW

Status
Not open for further replies.

danm14

At present, I believe Arriva Trains Wales manage the SailRail fares for travel between Ireland and Britain via Holyhead and Fishguard. This will obviously pass to Transport for Wales (KeolisAmey) on Sunday.

Is there any obligation on Transport for Wales to continue to offer these fares - is it part of the Wales and Borders franchise or some other agreement? Or could we have a situation at the next fare increase where SailRail is withdrawn and passengers must buy separate full price tickets (or travel via Cairnryan which is managed by ScotRail)?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

cactustwirly

Established Member
At present, I believe Arriva Trains Wales manage the SailRail fares for travel between Ireland and Britain via Holyhead and Fishguard. This will obviously pass to Transport for Wales (KeolisAmey) on Sunday.

Is there any obligation on Transport for Wales to continue to offer these fares - is it part of the Wales and Borders franchise or some other agreement? Or could we have a situation at the next fare increase where SailRail is withdrawn and passengers must buy separate full price tickets (or travel via Cairnryan which is managed by ScotRail)?

It's neither in the interest of Stena Line or TfW to withdraw these fares.
The Fishguard route gets remativrel few foot pax, do I makes sense to maximize these with SailRail fares.

Status
Not open for further replies.