• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sailrail. Liverpool (Birkenhead to Belfast)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bangor-toad

It's that time of year again where travel picks up and I need to get some tickets booked.

For one trip I'll be near Liverpool so I'd like to get the ferry from Birkenhead back to Belfast. I've done this trip many times but always from Belfast. I know where the shuttle bus drops off and collects from Birkenhead Hamilton Square but I cannot find the times anywhere of when it departs to the ferry terminal.

I'm guessing it's around 9am for the 10:30am sailing and similarly 9pm for the night sailing.

Can anyone provide a link to or personal knowledge of the shuttle bus timetable?
Thanks,
Mr Toad

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bangor-toad

Romilly thanks for that. I was looking in the worng places - I didn't think it'd be under the port information section.
Very helpful.

Kallapser I've done the trip quite a few times. If you take your car you park it up on the top of the ferry at the back - its a steep ramp to get there! When they unload they have to empty the lower decks first so it's not the quickest ferry to get off.
If you go a a foot passenger you're taken on and off board on a bus which drops you off on the lower lorry deck.
The crossing is about 8 hours. There are a couple of lounges and places to eat or get coffee. There's also a mini cinema that might show a film that's interesting. The wifi usually works reasonably well provided you aren't streaming any video.
I dont' have a dog but you can see the kennels on the Stena Lagan and Mersey. They are on the outside on deck 5 I think with a small excercise area. They look fine for summer travel but might be a bit exposed in the winter.

Cheers,
Mr Toad

Status
Not open for further replies.