• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sand trains on Monk Bretton branch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Freightmaster

Established Member
My commute to work and home again takes me through Walton right up against the line, over the years I've made the trip on all days and at all times of the day & night, but never seen any trains on there.
Passes Walton around 15:20 (South) and 19:30 (North)
on Tuesdays and Thursdays, plus most Wednesdays.

MARK

NeilC

Hi Mark, can you confirm the north bound time of the sand train please? I've been watching at Walton between 19:15 - 19:45 ish Wednesday of last week and both Tuesday and Wednesday of this week and haven't seen any sand trains. Does it run back earlier than 19:30?

Thanks,

Neil.

Freightmaster

Established Member
Hi Mark, can you confirm the north bound time of the sand train please? I've been watching at Walton between 19:15 - 19:45 ish Wednesday of last week and both Tuesday and Wednesday of this week and haven't seen any sand trains. Does it run back earlier than 19:30?
Typically the empties are running later this week!

Passed Walton around 20:25 on Tuesday and 20:10 tonight.

Loaded train still the same though: 15:21 on Tuesday and 15:25 tonight.

MARK

NeilC

[Mod note - split from this thread.]

Hi All, does anyone know if the Monk Bretton branch line is used by sand trains? I thought that the glass factory at Monk Bretton was served with sand brought in by this route. My commute to work and home again takes me through Walton right up against the line, over the years I've made the trip on all days and at all times of the day & night, but never seen any trains on there.

Last edited by a moderator:

NeilC

Many thanks Mark, my lads and I waited at Navvy Lane bridge and saw it last Tuesday at around 19:50.

Thanks again for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.