• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SCAAT Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

hstmatt

Hi all,

I’ve recently been invited to sit the online SCAAT test for a conductor role. Does this test require speed, as well as accuracy?

I’ve previously sat the Group Bourdon for trainee driver, and failed as I wasn’t quick enough.

Having practiced both tests, I find I’m much slower on the SCAAT test compared to the Group Bourdon (Regularly hitting 10 rows per page on GB)

Many Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Chalky2583

Hi hstmatt,

Speed is neceesary, however I only completed 8 lines for Metrolink Tram driver and was still offered a position. So I believe accuracy is the most important thing.

If you pass this you'll obvsiously have to complete more. You can buy practice tests from the official website and this really helped me.

Let me know if you're interested and I'll get the website for you.

Adam

Tevion539

Hi all,

I’ve recently been invited to sit the online SCAAT test for a conductor role. Does this test require speed, as well as accuracy?

I’ve previously sat the Group Bourdon for trainee driver, and failed as I wasn’t quick enough.

Having practiced both tests, I find I’m much slower on the SCAAT test compared to the Group Bourdon (Regularly hitting 10 rows per page on GB)

Many Thanks
Accuracy is definitely the most important. Obviously, you will need to have some bit of speed, but you won't need to complete the whole page. I think on average I probably got about a third of each page.

Status
Not open for further replies.