• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scarborough Spa Express 1st Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

bse35

I have just booked on this tour on the 9th August in 1st class.
What do you get in first class on this tour?

TIA

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Anon Mouse

Established Member
I would imagine just a 1st class seat, maybe in a Compartment? not 100% to be honest though!

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Wait till you get to Scarborough and have Fish and Chips!

Seconded, but if you are on from the first York stop for the tour via Harrogate and just about every other settlement north of Sheffield, you may need just something to keep you goind, ditto the way back.

Anon Mouse

Established Member
And you could also try Jumbo's Chinese Buffet, or if you have a bit more cash you could go to Red Chilli opposite!

Rich_D3167

Seconded, but if you are on from the first York stop for the tour via Harrogate and just about every other settlement north of Sheffield, you may need just something to keep you goind, ditto the way back.

The tour doesn't travel via Harrogate anymore. Hasn't done since 2009. Now it travels via Wakefield, travelling south out of York to Normanton, Wakefield Kirkgate, up the single line link to Wakefield Westgate, then up the main line to Engine Shed Junction at Leeds, avoiding leeds heading over to Woodlesford & Castleford, and back to York and on to Scarborough.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
The tour doesn't travel via Harrogate anymore. Hasn't done since 2009. Now it travels via Wakefield, travelling south out of York to Normanton, Wakefield Kirkgate, up the single line link to Wakefield Westgate, then up the main line to Engine Shed Junction at Leeds, avoiding leeds heading over to Woodlesford & Castleford, and back to York and on to Scarborough.

Yes I did that whole route in First Class last summer, I was disapointed it did not go via Harrogate, but infact the route was much better than I had expected, it was 2 by 1 seating around tables in an open coach, very comfy, no food or drink included so do bring a drink or sandwich etc then enjoy a good meal while in Scarborough and bring a beer or bottle of wine for the return journey. I think it's only the WCR Jacobite where First Class passenegrs get tea & coffee included. Rgds Steve.

Anon Mouse

Established Member
Not so sure about Jumbos tbh (Ok but ok only ) but Red Chilli is well worth the ching!

and the Chinese Supermarket next door is worth a visit as well. I should know, the Wife does much of our shopping there as its better than the supermarkets in Newcastle's Chinatown!

Status
Not open for further replies.