• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Schematic Rail Maps of Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jamesontheroad

Established Member
Very nice. A cut above the generally messy ones from Project Mapping we have in the UK.

Too bad those aren't available as PDF's. The only way to enlarge them to make them more readable is with the browser zoom facility.

Devonian

PTR 444

Established Member
I really like the Belgium map, particularly with its 30 degree angles which are better suited to the shape of the country than 45 degree ones. The France map on the same website is also very neat with a pentagonal-based diagram and different colours for each service group.

I would personally add more colour variety to the Belgium map to make it easier to see which services go where. You don’t have to do a separate colour for every route, but one colour for a grouping of intercity routes along a single corridor, such as Ghent to Leuven for example, would go a long way in making this a genuinely useful transit map.

rf_ioliver

Very nice map of Finland - maybe some lines could be straightened but otherwise you pretty much got everything. Nice to see the commuter network in Tampere too!

The Hanko line should return to service this year and there *might* be a Turku-Uusikaupinki service returning, as well as Kemi-Haparanda. I think yo can remove the Allegro and Moscow services - they'll not be coming back for a very long time, if ever, and if they do, the Sm6 trains will be museum pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.