• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

School trip to London - fare advice

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Just up the road from Parliament is Traf Square. You have the Women of World War II monument just outside Parliament; as is the Cenotaph. You also have Pall Mall and Buck Palace. The National Gallery and the Portrait Gallery (both free) within a stones throw.

I think they're asking where they'd stop with a coach, not looking for things to do.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

35B

Established Member
I think they're asking where they'd stop with a coach, not looking for things to do.
Coach companies can and will advise, based on the itinerary - and parking is their issue, not the booker’s.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Coach companies can and will advise, based on the itinerary - and parking is their issue, not the booker’s.

Up to a point, but if the coach company says they can't stop anywhere useful, that doesn't help much. Nonetheless, that's an answer to the OP, not to my point.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member

There are plenty of places to drop off/pick up legally using a coach within zone 1, most of them probably nearer the main attractions than the railway stations.

35B

Established Member
Up to a point, but if the coach company says they can't stop anywhere useful, that doesn't help much. Nonetheless, that's an answer to the OP, not to my point.
It's an answer to both. I've been booker for a trip to Westminster Abbey, and there was a really clear split:
* Me - I want to get to the Abbey by 11:00 and have a pickup at 18:00
* Coach company - this is what it'll cost
* Driver - please wait at this point and I'll be there when you need me. He then found somewhere to stop

The important thing, which is relevant to @Bayum, is that the conversation needs to be really clear about what the itinerary is. Mine as above was simple, as it was just for a choir travelling to sing Evensong at the Abbey, so the times were straightforward and set by the needs for rehearsal and the service itself. A decent coach company will then be able to do the detailed planning.