• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail - Advance Tickets & Counted Places - Fare Band Dependent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furrball

So looking at 2 x tickets for Glasgow to Aberdeen.

3 tickets remaining at one Advance price band - click through and show Reserved - No Seat Allocated.

Repeat process, pricing actually skips the next price band but at the higher price all of a sudden there is are reserved seats.

Is this common?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

alangla

If it was the £5 singles you were looking at, AIUI, they don't have seat reservations, but all the other Advance tickets do

cf111

Established Member
Yes, the very cheapest band of advance tickets have never had seat reservations but every other band does.

All Line Rover

Established Member
Seems like a sensible way of operating to me. Stops the passengers paying the least reserving all the best seats. English long-distance operators should think of doing this.

route101

Established Member
If its departing from origin station , i actually prefer this as long as i get on train early and get a seat i want . I think advance tickets should be seat reservations optional , if you want one you can .

Status
Not open for further replies.