• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ScotRail Annoucements

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryMcEwan

Established Member
Not sure if this has been posted yet or not, but a Twitter user has found the strangest Freedom of Information request ever.

Someone has actually FOI'd Scotrail and all 2440 announcements have been released. There some absolute oddities in there and some absolute crackers

'Bizarre FOI find of the day: Scotrail has openly published a two-hour long sound file containing every single element of its automated station announcements'

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

anamyd

On Moderation
I don't get why there are station names and Train Operating Company / TOC-specific service names from parts of the network outside ScotRail in there. Any ideas?

busestrains

On Moderation
Quite weird that they released all the announcements in one file.
If anyone wants the individual sound files they are available here:

The spreadsheet telling you which file is which is available here:

Also the ASL sound files (the other system that Scotrail use) are available here:

Definitely an interesting selection of announcement recordings there.

busestrains

On Moderation
I don't get why there are station names and Train Operating Company / TOC-specific service names from parts of the network outside ScotRail in there. Any ideas?
I was wondering this too. I can only guess that Ketech (who supply this system) gave the same script to Alison Mckay that they gave to Celia Drummond and Phil Sayer so that Alison Mckay ended up recording lots of random irrelevant recordings. There are some really strange ones, Bluebell Railway, Spa Valley Railway, Watercress Line, Westenhanger Racecourse, Mitcham Eastfields, South West Trains, Kirton Lindsey, Quintrell Downs, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.