• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail Club 50 £17 tickets

c52

I've tried everything I can think of - except actually buying a Club 50 membership - and cannot get Scotrail to offer me a £17 fare (Stow-Inverurie) on 19th March, back on 20th which is apparently the last day of the offer. Do I have to have the membership card and log in?-

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Essan

You have to buy a club 50 railcard and open an account with Scotrail in order to be eligible for the offer. You can then log in to the Scotrail website and use your account there to make a purchase. The return portion of the ticket is valid for 30 days after the offer ends (ie only the outward portion has to be within the offer period)

c52

Thank you. They could have said as much - including the return being valid for 30 days regardless - on their website.

I'll see to it later tonight.

kkong

Thank you. They could have said as much - including the return being valid for 30 days regardless - on their website.

It does clearly state the return validity on the website.

Club 50 £17 Flat Fare

Return tickets are valid for up to one month and all travel must be completed by 19 April 2024

I'm unsure why (it appears) you thought you didn't require an active Club 50 membership to buy a Club 50 flat fare?

Last edited:

Pushpit

If you have a Club 50 card and have accepted the offer of email updates, you do get regular emails about the provision, indeed I got one today, since there are only 9 days left on the current offer. At the end of the email it helpfully spells out how to get the ticket:

It’s really easy to book your Flat Fare ticket:

> Log into your MyScotRail account
> Click the ‘Buy £17 Flat Fare’ button
> Enter your journey details into the booking engine
> Select the £17 Off-Peak Open Return fare
> Complete your booking as normal
Screenshot 2024-03-11 220950.png

c52

thanks, my problem was that I didn't want to buy the card and then find the ticket wasn't suitable for me - I already have a senior card, and living in Surrey, I don't buy so many hot drinks from Scotrail that will repay a £15 upfront payment!

reb0118

Established Member
Fares Advisor
You'll struggle to get a return from Stow to Inverurie with that much flexibility for less than the £32 required (£17 fare + £15 membership).

c52

With any other railcard (I think) I can buy tickets online without actually having the card. With this one, you have to have the card before purchase. I also didn't manage to find the page that kkong poster earlier.

kkong

With any other railcard (I think) I can buy tickets online without actually having the card. With this one, you have to have the card before purchase.

It's not necessary to have a Club 50 membership at the time of purchase for the standard Club 50 discounts (e.g. 20% discount on Off-Peak and Advance tickets bought online).

e.g. the forum's site will happily allow you to select "Club 50 Web - ScotRail" from the list of railcards when selling you a ticket.

But for limited time special offers - like the flat fare - you do need to be logged into your account on the ScotRail website and have a valid Club 50 membership to see the offer.