• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ScotRail Conductor applicants

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

agall2079

No think I'll stick to what I'm already doing, wanted to try the railway and put in my best effort but fell short, disappointed but good luck everyone else.

Kuksoolgirl

They are still processing it like ours too then by the sounds of it. I’d imagine they have a lot to go through. Patience is a virtue so they say

Email out just now. I am in a reserve pool for 6 months. More successful applicants than positions available. Fingers crossed something changes in the next 6 months.
What happens after 6 months if no changes? Do I apply again if the post comes back up?
Reserve pool too. That's good news though!!

No think I'll stick to what I'm already doing, wanted to try the railway and put in my best effort but fell short, disappointed but good luck everyone else.
Sorry about your email. Good luck with your future.

Last edited:

Charladenz

I know the disappointment your feeling I was the same the first time round, just think it's such an achievement to even get to interview stage for these roles. Don't be so hard on yourself. See how you feel when another opportunity comes up. Sometimes it's 2nd/3rd time lucky.

Reserve pool too. That's good news though!!

Sorry about your email. Good luck with your future.
I've just recieved a reserve pool email also for Inverness. Delighted for us all :D

AG78UK

It did say under further consideration
Just got the dreaded rejection email
It’s horrible when you get the rejection email, had one or two myself.

After reflecting on the rejection, I then realised how much of a better position it put me in when applying again. This in turn helped me secure a job in the railway on a future occasion.

agall2079

I know the disappointment your feeling I was the same the first time round, just think it's such an achievement to even get to interview stage for these roles. Don't be so hard on yourself. See how you feel when another opportunity comes up. Sometimes it's 2nd/3rd time lucky.

I've just recieved a reserve pool email also for Inverness. Delighted for us all :D
Yeah I'm disappointed but I've waited 5 weeks to get a generic email since my interview. I was told at my interview I'd know in a week so I think it's quite unprofessional making candidates wait that long after being told something else. I think I'd be more disappointed if I was told the week after my interview but as time has went on I'm not so disappointed now. Luckily I've got a good job that pays the same so not so bad.

To be honest I don't think I'd want to go through all the process of waiting again with the snail pace recruitment, like I said I've always wanted to try the railway and that was my best shot so I've done my best.

Like I said I wish the rest of you all the best and hope you find out sooner rather than later where you stand

DMac81

Did anyone interviewed for conductor in Inverness get job offer? Looks like a lot of people have been put in reserve pool (like myself).

Kuksoolgirl

Did anyone interviewed for conductor in Inverness get job offer? Looks like a lot of people have been put in reserve pool (like myself).
At interview I was told they couldn't confirm how many jobs there were as it would depend on internal candidates applying for driver, which I took that they don't have any jobs currently.
(when i was put on reserve pool for driver in 2019 they did say at interview there was 1 job, but this interview they didn't give any number).

Considering driver recruitment for inverness was advertised a couple of weeks after conductor and its a longer process, we could be in the reserve pool a good wee while, and potentially no job at the end.
Just have to accept its a long process.
Sad but ........

Scotrail84

Established Member
At interview I was told they couldn't confirm how many jobs there were as it would depend on internal candidates applying for driver, which I took that they don't have any jobs currently.
(when i was put on reserve pool for driver in 2019 they did say at interview there was 1 job, but this interview they didn't give any number).

Considering driver recruitment for inverness was advertised a couple of weeks after conductor and its a longer process, we could be in the reserve pool a good wee while, and potentially no job at the end.
Just have to accept its a long process.
Sad but ........

There are also internal depot transfers as well. Staff wishing to transfer depots get priority over the external applicants intake.

Fat Pav

Just got the dreaded rejection email
Disappointing but you have passed the assessments and these are valid for a number of years. It wouldn’t surprise me if you’re contacted further down the line by the company asking if you’re still interested as something has opened up.