• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail First Class Sleeper £99 return

Status
Not open for further replies.

markstvincent

Purchased 2 of these from Scotrail advance members club , have had these before when made available. Outward journey made OK but due to illness I needed to change date of return travel, subject to quota being available which it was! However Scotrail telesales refused to do this stating that they would only make changes to outward travel, to be fair this is in the detail of the small print, but this is a recent change as in the past changes could be made to these tickets on payment of a modest charge
The return ticket carries an expiry date one month from outward journey, it is not like an advance ticket with specific date, but this is what you are getting.
Am about £200 out of pocket as return advance also junked, Scotrail refuse to consider any refund despite ticket stating one month expiry

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PaxVobiscum

Established Member
That does seem a bit mean when they are prepared to change the outward booking, but the 1st class sleeper return for £99 is quite a good deal so maybe they are thinking of the return portion as being a freebie (as effectively happens with many cheap day returns).

You don't have any sort of travel insurance policy by any chance do you (perhaps thrown in with a bank card or home insurance policy)?

Yew

Established Member
Was this from the last time the offer was on, or has it returned?

markstvincent

Yes thanks for replies, this Advance Club offer is the one that has been available in the last 2 or 3 months. I would be happy to take the loss, not being insured, but my contention is that Scotrail appear to have changed the t and c from previous and made changes to return reservations impossible, so making the ticket train specific, however the actual ticket issued has a validity date one month from the outward date making it appear flexible subject to revised reservations. Its only when one starts looking at the small print that you realise what they have done. Sadly the ticket issued is rather misleading. A trap for the unwary which I have fallen into!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.