• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail Inverness

Nath815

Hi Folks

I'm currently a Guard for a Toc in the North of England and I've just been offered a Guards Job based out of Inverness for Scotrail. As ive only ever worked for the same toc my entire railway career. I'm just wondering if anyone on here knows what it's like working out of there ? As in Route Card , depot atmosphere and what everyone's like to work with up there ?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SouthernStar

I believe Inverness guards have a varied route card: 158s and 170s
Inverness - Perth/Aberdeen/Kyle of Lochalsh and far north as Wick and Thurso, possible? Certainly some interesting routes, the Kyle line is very scenic I must say.

Tyrion

Hi,

In terms of atmosphere etc I can’t comment much on that but they seem an ok bunch to be fair!

Routes are Kyle, Thurso, Wick, Perth and Aberdeen

Lots of request stops on the far north line and Kyle which would make it interesting!
HST, 170 and 158 would be your traction!

Fantastic place to live with Highlands and Moray Coast on your door step.

D6130

Established Member
I believe Inverness guards have a varied route card: 158s and 170s
Inverness - Perth/Aberdeen/Kyle of Lochalsh and far north as Wick and Thurso, possible? Certainly some interesting routes, the Kyle line is very scenic I must say.
....and, presumably, HSTs.

EDIT: @Tyrion beat me to it by a whisker!