• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ScotRail M tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallsendmag

Established Member
If I buy a paper ticket for Pitlochry to Stirling, for example, it can be used on both LNER and Scotrail services. This is not the case for tickets loaded on to a smartcard which, except for season tickets, are not accepted on LNER services. Does the same restriction applies to Scotrail mTickets?
Incorrect I'm afraid, all formats are accepted on LNER services

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

_toommm_

Established Member
If I buy a paper ticket for Pitlochry to Stirling, for example, it can be used on both LNER and Scotrail services. This is not the case for tickets loaded on to a smartcard which, except for season tickets, are not accepted on LNER services. Does the same restriction applies to Scotrail mTickets?

The format with which a ticket is presented bears no relation to its validity on TOCs. A ticket could be presented on your phone/a bit of paper/a CCST/a smart card, and it has the same validity (as long as it isn’t one of the aforementioned m-tickets that has to be displayed on the app (unfortunately)).

kkong

I tried the m-ticket in the new app yesterday, a super off-peak day return from Aberdeen to Inverurie.

Failed with "Seek assistance" message at the Aberdeen gates on both the outward and return journeys.

I will stick to paper tickets - especially for anything other than a trivial local journey.

Status
Not open for further replies.