• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ScotRail Recruitment Process - 25/04/2024

Craig PO45

Hi - My name is Craig and I am new to this forum.

I have read content with regards to the recruitment process as I find myself in the very early stages of applying for a ScotRail position as a driver.
Having successfully navigated and passed the online selection process, I have received confirmation that I am through to the next stage.

If anyone can provide advice as to what I can expect next and what I should be doing to prep for the process I would be greatly appreciative.

I have ordered the Bourdon Test book from Amazon as well as a general recruitment process book - hoping it will help.

Thanks for you time.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TacoTraveller

I have read content with regards to the recruitment process as I find myself in the very early stages of applying for a ScotRail position as a driver.
Having successfully navigated and passed the online selection process, I have received confirmation that I am through to the next stage.

If anyone can provide advice as to what I can expect next and what I should be doing to prep for the process I would be greatly appreciative.

I have ordered the Bourdon Test book from Amazon as well as a general recruitment process book - hoping it will help.

Thanks for you time.
If you're through to the OPC assessments then the booklet you get given by recruitment should be everything you need to practice for them.

Also you may as well cancel the GBT book as this forum has a remarkably close application that you can use to practice. I printed them out: https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/group-bourdon-tool.156417/

Also this thread has everything you'll need to know about the tests: https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/trainee-driver-assessment-process-tips.216853/

Craig PO45

If you're through to the OPC assessments then the booklet you get given by recruitment should be everything you need to practice for them.

Also you may as well cancel the GBT book as this forum has a remarkably close application that you can use to practice. I printed them out: https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/group-bourdon-tool.156417/

Also this thread has everything you'll need to know about the tests: https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/trainee-driver-assessment-process-tips.216853/
First Class - Thank you.
I will review what you have provided over the weekend.
Craig

Mikehigney3121

Thanks for you time.
Hi Craig, is it the trainee train driver position you applied for ? I also applied for this and recently just done the OPC situational judgment test, iv still not heard back?? Unsure if this means I have been unsuccessful or not

RossMc

First Class - Thank you.
I will review what you have provided over the weekend.
Craig
I've recently passed the first assessment day. The group bourdon test is on paper, so whilst that online tool is good for getting your eye in (I used it too), I would still buy a book containing more paper examples. I bought one from amazon that had a variety of different tests in it which was ideal.

John Bishop

I've recently passed the first assessment day. The group bourdon test is on paper, so whilst that online tool is good for getting your eye in (I used it too), I would still buy a book containing more paper examples. I bought one from amazon that had a variety of different tests in it which was ideal.
No need to buy a book. Save your money. Print off the free examples on the pinned thread at top of this section and that’s all you will ever need. Simples!