• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail - Trainee Driver - Various (March 24)

RossMc

Cheers Zack..

Just as well I have a degree of patience..

Indeed. I applied in 2022 and only just going through my first assessment stage now.

I believe the new recruitment process (this thread) have added in the online assessment as a precursor to the stage that I'm at as part of the weeding out process. Ie you could be in for a loooooong wait.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

BigChungus

Has anyone from ayrshire heard back either way?
I’m North Ayrshire and haven’t. I don’t think it’s necessarily about location though as we’ll be Glasgow based and people have heard back. As has been said above though, no news is good news as it stands! Don’t be stressing out over it, it’s not in our control. We’ll hear back either way in time

Dmcb

Just over a month has passed since my submission date, no news is good news as they say but having an application last year just fall by the way side and get no where I'm wondering if again time may be up? I have an application standing with another toc but that has went quiet since last year also.

station id

Hey, well done. I noticed you're Highlands, was it Inverness you applied for? I sat my SJT on 30th, closing date 31st march
Inverness is my closest depot so I guess it is. I applied for the national ad though.

Likewise my friend.
I am hoping for a quick response.
What prep are you doing whilst you wait?
None yet as I don't know what to prep for.

kieran214

Just over a month has passed since my submission date, no news is good news as they say but having an application last year just fall by the way side and get no where I'm wondering if again time may be up? I have an application standing with another toc but that has went quiet since last year also.
I done my opc on the 20th of March so I was over a month I got the email yesterday to say I'd been successful and they would be intouch. I wouldn't get disheartened just yet.