• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail Trainee Drivers (Ongoing)

ppp99

I had my DMI over 2 weeks ago but haven't heard anything since. I know they can take a while issuing assessment dates but has anyone not head back after doing the DMI interview?

I was told at the interview I'd hear within 2 weeks and to contact HR if I didn't. I emailed HR on Monday, no reply. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
Hello, I had my DMI last Thursday the 20th. They did say they were extremely busy and it could be between 2-4 weeks till I heard. all the best

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RossMc

Had my DMI today. Last part of the process as I have passed both assessment days. Feel like it went OK. Was told I will hear within 2 weeks so just a nervous wait now to hear either way
The MMI is the last part of the process, not the DMI. Unless yours was different due to having previously passed the assessments?

Hello, I had my DMI last Thursday the 20th. They did say they were extremely busy and it could be between 2-4 weeks till I heard. all the best

I took 2 weeks for me to find out. The next assessment date was 4 days after I got the result, so make sure you are prepared. Good luck.

Thank you for the information, much appreciated.

Sorry to bother you again. Which group bourdon tests for practicing on did you purchase?

I purchased this. It has all the tests you need in it.

Last edited:

John Bishop

Amazing. Thank you
Nooooo! Don't spend money on these, its free on this site!

Thats all you need to practice for GB tests. Please don’t waste your money.

RossMc

Nooooo! Don't spend money on these, its free on this site!

Thats all you need to practice for GB tests. Please don’t waste your money.

The online version is free which helps get your eye in. But the actual test is on paper, not on a computer. I practised both ways.

mlammie21

The MMI is the last part of the process, not the DMI. Unless yours was different due to having previously passed the assessments?

I took 2 weeks for me to find out. The next assessment date was 4 days after I got the result, so make sure you are prepared. Good luck.

Hi Ross I have sat assessment day 1, assessment day 2 plus MMI the DMI is the e last part of the process for me. I received an email after assessment 1 saying they were changing the way it is done and I would be sitting day 2 before DMI. They told me during my DMI that the system had changed and that’s how they were doing it now

John Bishop

The online version is free which helps get your eye in. But the actual test is on paper, not on a computer. I practised both ways.
Yeah just print them out and practice on paper. There’s no point practicing online when you will sit the paper version. Better to get into the habit of paper from the start.

Smiggy McLean

Do they accept an ONLINE payslip as proof of NI number?
Yes they do, all my payslips are online and I just showed them a downloaded copy. They're only interested in the NI number at the top.

Anyone else on here who say their paper assessments on Monday 24th June? Still waiting to hear if I was successful.

Last edited:

kieran214

Hi I got my your successfully email on the 25th of April but haven't heard anything since, is anyone from around falkirk etc who has had their dates?

Jabbaheed

Yes they do, all my payslips are online and I just showed them a downloaded copy. They're only interested in the NI number at the top.

Anyone else on here who say their paper assessments on Monday 24th June? Still waiting to hear if I was successful.
Mine was 24th too, still waiting to hear

Kuksoolgirl

Not heard re Monday 24th yet. Hopefully like Suzanne said, we'll hear by today. Although, who knows lol

hoody11

Just doing a check in here, I completed all online assessments in March/April and passed these. I am awaiting a date for the assessment centre but have yet to hear anything since that email. Edinburgh based, have looked back a few pages and seems no one from Edinburgh is further on than the SJTs or am I wrong? Thanks in advance guys, aware they will be extremely busy so not overly concerned at present.

garto123

Can anybody confirm the time exposure for the memory test with the street scene? I've heard 1 second and also 2 seconds. I hope it's 2 haha.
Also if somebody could confirm the dials test? I have downloaded 2 programs that have different dials. I think the correct one is the half-moon with different colour sections and then a value indication at the bottom of the dial. Am I right in saying it is 4 dials per question and there are 40 questions to try to work through in 8 minutes?
thanks.

RossMc

Can anybody confirm the time exposure for the memory test with the street scene? I've heard 1 second and also 2 seconds. I hope it's 2 haha.
Also if somebody could confirm the dials test? I have downloaded 2 programs that have different dials. I think the correct one is the half-moon with different colour sections and then a value indication at the bottom of the dial. Am I right in saying it is 4 dials per question and there are 40 questions to try to work through in 8 minutes?
thanks.

It's 0.9 seconds. I found this the hardest test of them all as it literally just flashes on the screen. Enough time for a quick scan and that's about it.

Last edited:

BRIO MW

Thanks Ross.

Thanks Ross.
Did you buy the book after assessment day 1 or before?

Last edited:

garto123

It's 0.9 seconds. I found this the hardest test of them all as it literally just flashes on the screen. Enough time for a quick scan and that's about it.
that's insane !!!, I'm definitely struggling with this 1. does practice really make a difference here or is it just something you have or not?

RossMc

that's insane !!!, I'm definitely struggling with this 1. does practice really make a difference here or is it just something you have or not?

I used this to help practice. These images appear for longer than the actual test though so dont get complacent if you find it easy enough. It should give you an idea of what to expect.

LoogaBarooga

I downloaded software that was virtually identical to the test. I found practising that really helpful.

For what it's worth I think you are given a cumulative score on the the day rather than needing to correctly identify every element in every picture.

So say there are 75 total points up for grabs, if you get 60 or more you pass.

I'm guessing those numbers but I think that's how it works.