• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ScotRail

Status
Not open for further replies.

subway156

When We travel to Edinburgh and the end of this coming July, it will be 2.5 years since I was last there. What changes in rolling stock can I expect to see? We will use the line to go back and forth between Edinburgh and Kirkaldy and on the Glasgow as well. My step-daughter is getting married. I'm giving her away and will wear a Robinson kilt. Rock and Roll!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jopsuk

Veteran Member
ScotRail doesn't count as international in the context of this forum!

rail-britain

Established Member
The only main changes are a change of livery from First ScotRail to Scotlands Railway, but there aren't many trains carrying this newer livery

There are a couple of peak time services using Class 67 and Mark 2, between Edinburgh and Fife

Established Member
The only real difference in Rolling stock is the newer livery, which you may see on the 156s when travelling between Edinburgh and Glasgow.
As has been mentioned, I think it's now 4 Trains a day operated by a 67 and 6 Mk2fs in EWS Charter livery.

In Waverley, you're likely to see 156s, 158s, 170s, 322s, 67+Mk2fs, 220s and 221s, 225s and HSTs you might also see an FTPE 185, although they seem to use whichever platform has space, so can be pretty much anywhere in the station. At the East side of the station, there are the old Motorail platforms which are used as sidings, and there's normally a 67 and a 90 in them.

Of course, if you go at the right time (ie, late at night or early in the morning) you may see the Caledonian Sleeper in the station. If you go at night, it'll be in platform 11.

Established Member
And 9 in the morning :)

Yeah, I never go and see it in the morning, although I'm tempted to try sometime on my way to work (My office is about 15-20 minutes walk from the station and I don't start til 10), especially because of the M&S food there :D
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Does it always use 11 (or 7?) in the mornings as well?

Last edited:

ChrisTheRef

Established Member
Yeah, I never go and see it in the morning, although I'm tempted to try sometime on my way to work (My office is about 15-20 minutes walk from the station and I don't start til 10), especially because of the M&S food there :D
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Does it always use 11 (or 7?) in the mornings as well?

I used it Sunday/Monday and Tuesday/Wednesday last week, and both times it was on 9W

jopsuk

Veteran Member
There's the two sleepers in Waverley in the morning- the Highland, which has the shunting to do, should be long gone by the time any sane person is awake.

Status
Not open for further replies.