• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SE Trains Have Licensed the NSE branding

Status
Not open for further replies.

365 Networker

I noticed that on the Intellectual Property Office site, the Network SouthEast branding has been licensed by SE Trains Limited.

Recorded licences​

Details of licensed users of the trade mark.

Licence number RC000152388 Exclusive licence No Start date 01 April 2020 End date 01 April 2022 Status Accepted Licence holder London & South Eastern Railway Limited
3rd Floor, 41-51 Grey Street, Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne & Wear, NE1 6EE, United Kingdom
Licence representative Urquhart-Dykes & Lord LLP
The Core, Bath Lane, Newcastle Helix, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE4 5TF, United Kingdom

Could this mean that SouthEastern will be rebranded as Network SouthEast?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
If you see the cancelled previous licence under it, I suspect they needed the licence of the whole brand to be called "Southeastern" as it's so close it'd be passing off, and have probably already had it.

I understand, along similar lines, that GTR licence the London Transport roundel in some form, because the Southern logo is so similar to it, despite historical precedent of this not being necessarily related.

365 Networker

If you see the cancelled previous licence under it, I suspect they needed the licence of the whole brand to be called "Southeastern" as it's so close it'd be passing off, and have probably already had it.

I understand, along similar lines, that GTR licence the London Transport roundel in some form, because the Southern logo is so similar to it, despite historical precedent of this not being necessarily related.
That's possible I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.