• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Season ticket advice sought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SquireBev

From Brighouse, now in Brum, via Worcester
Evening all.

I'm shortly moving to Edgbaston but keeping my job in Worcester, so I'm going to have to become a commuter and take the train from University to Shrub Hill every morning.

Obviously a season ticket is the sensible option, but I'm wondering, would I be able to use a Birmingham Stations to Worcester Stations ticket if I'm normally starting my journey at University? It'd give me more options to get home in an evening, as the Kidderminster-Stourbridge-Snow Hill line has a more frequent service than the Bromsgrove-University-New Street line.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

alistairlees

Established Member
Evening all.

would I be able to use a Birmingham Stations to Worcester Stations ticket if I'm normally starting my journey at University? It'd give me more options to get home in an evening, as the Kidderminster-Stourbridge-Snow Hill line has a more frequent service than the Bromsgrove-University-New Street line.

Yes, that would be fine. It's valid both ways and you can break your journey wherever you want (so starting from University is fine)

kieron

Established Member
Yes; a season ticket is valid for an unlimited number of journeys, and you can just use part of a route between the start and end stations.

A University-Worcester ticket would also be valid via Kidderminster. It costs as much as a ticket from Birmingham Stations, so you can get whichever you prefer.

Status
Not open for further replies.