• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Season Ticket Smartcard for London Terminals

MKJai

I am holding a smartcard loaded with a season ticket from somewhere on the West Coast Main Line (North of MKC) to London Terminals.

Is it valid for me to walk from Euston to St. Pancras then use this smartcard take the Thameslink to Blackfriars? Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Don't believe that London Blackfriars is ever a valid destination for a ticket issued to 'London Terminals' from an origin station on the North side of London.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I am holding a smartcard loaded with a season ticket from somewhere on the West Coast Main Line (North of MKC) to London Terminals.

Is it valid for me to walk from Euston to St. Pancras then use this smartcard take the Thameslink to Blackfriars? Thanks
It's almost certainly not valid, but to be 100% certain we need to know the exact stations your ticket is from and to.

Somewhere

London Terminals tickets are not valid for cross London journeys. On Thameslink, this means that you cannot pass through Farringdon from either the north or south, and the limit a London Terminals ticket is valid to from the north is St Pancras, or City Thameslink from the south

Haywain

Veteran Member
On Thameslink, this means that you cannot pass through Farringdon from either the north or south, and the limit a London Terminals ticket is valid to from the north is St Pancras, or City Thameslink from the south
Although none of that applies for tickets routed via HS1.

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Although none of that applies for tickets routed via HS1.
Useful to know, but maybe not so relevant for an origin station North of Milton Keynes Central on the WCML?

Either way, if the season ticket were from somewhere that is on the WCML, like Wolverton, this would increase the cost from £163.40 per week to £194.20 per week.

Or, from nearby Northampton, from £175.70 per week to £206.50 per week.

Either way, an extra £30.80 per week.

But can the OP's journey be done more cheaply, perhaps by buying a separate route "Not Underground" season ticket for the St. Pancras to Blackfriars leg (= £22.20 per week?)