• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Seat Reservations Seating Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Is it possible when booking on FGW to get a seat plan when doing internet bookings/reservations?,

I know on some TOCs sites this facility is possible, sometimes when the system gives you a seat when first making the booking, but then gives the opportunity to amend seating before the booking is finalised.

I am trying to get the left hand side going south and the right hand side going north, so I can be on the "Coastal" side of the train when it goes along the best bit of line around Exeter/Dawlish/Newton Abbot.

Tks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ValleyLines142

Established Member
I don't think First Great Western have the seating plan on their booking system; at present only CrossCountry and East Coast have this feature.

However, if you follow this link: farm2.static.flickr.com/1195/4603933958_3e9ccd7035.jpg, you should be able to work out where your seat is. Normally First Class is at the London end of the train, so you should be able to work out what side you're on.

willc789

If you go via XC and change on route at Exeter or Taunton you can choose your reservation on the XC website on advance tickets.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
If you go via XC and change on route at Exeter or Taunton you can choose your reservation on the XC website on advance tickets.

The only problem with this is that XC services travel in any direction, i.e. First Class can either be at the front or the rear; it is not guaranteed as opposed to FGW services.

headshot119

Established Member
You can't actually select a seat, but this page may be of use to you.

Yes the Trainline can be useful for something!

Status
Not open for further replies.