• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Serious Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill EWS

I need some information about a problem regarding Security Threat message.

I have a Video Editing programme that I purchased a while back. I had an earlier version for some years and never had a problem. It is a well established company and well known. However, quite suddenly the new programme refuses to burn my edited video files to a DVD disc. I got in touch with the support team and exchanged correspondence about the problem. Nothing they gave me to carry out myself resolved the problem. One was to try burning from using an Image Disc. This worked in regards to burning but it would only burn the videos in quite low resolution and not in full HD. I could see no way of being able to change any settings to correct this.

However, the communications continued and then I was asked to form certain computer files using the Windows Key and a character. I did this and sent them the file and got a reply as what to try and correct the fault. This never worked.

The next request concerned me from the start. I was asked via the Window Key again to make two files to send to them. One was named 'msinfo32' and the other 'WinAudit'. When I opened the Winaudit file it showed every bit of information of what I have on my computer. Drives, programme name etc and where they are allocated and more. As I mentioned, I was already concerned about this move and hesitated about sending it for some time.

I am dealing with a very well known and respected company whom you will all know and whom I have deal with in the past with no problems and getting the help I requested. But this troubled me.
However, gave in and sent my reply with the attached files. However the email was refused and I received a security warning message. I was both puzzled but happy that the email had not gone.

I required further information to know if this was genuine or not so waited for their reply to not receiving the email. I also sent a new help request explaining my concern so that I may get a second opinion. I received a reply today saying that the new request would be refused as a duplicate request and that I must go back to the original request code pages. Also it said that they needed me to sent the two files so that the helper could get onto my compute to help correct the error with the programme.

The latest is that I replied to this message explaining my concern again and that I was not willing to allow anyone to have control of my computer and that my computer has already refused the email containing those files and given a security warning. So now await their response.

As I say, this is a genuine company and may be genuine enough but I am not happy about this. I did ask them if I could simply download a fresh copy of the programme and how to do that without loosing any of my previous work but they have never commented back on that. I have backed up all my Video files so won't lose those but there may be internal data that I may have to back-up also.

I would appreciate any guidance you can give me on this issue.

Thanks.

BillEWS

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Puffing Devil

Established Member
I need some information about a problem regarding Security Threat message.

I have a Video Editing programme that I purchased a while back. I had an earlier version for some years and never had a problem. It is a well established company and well known. However, quite suddenly the new programme refuses to burn my edited video files to a DVD disc. I got in touch with the support team and exchanged correspondence about the problem. Nothing they gave me to carry out myself resolved the problem. One was to try burning from using an Image Disc. This worked in regards to burning but it would only burn the videos in quite low resolution and not in full HD. I could see no way of being able to change any settings to correct this.

However, the communications continued and then I was asked to form certain computer files using the Windows Key and a character. I did this and sent them the file and got a reply as what to try and correct the fault. This never worked.

The next request concerned me from the start. I was asked via the Window Key again to make two files to send to them. One was named 'msinfo32' and the other 'WinAudit'. When I opened the Winaudit file it showed every bit of information of what I have on my computer. Drives, programme name etc and where they are allocated and more. As I mentioned, I was already concerned about this move and hesitated about sending it for some time.

I am dealing with a very well known and respected company whom you will all know and whom I have deal with in the past with no problems and getting the help I requested. But this troubled me.
However, gave in and sent my reply with the attached files. However the email was refused and I received a security warning message. I was both puzzled but happy that the email had not gone.

I required further information to know if this was genuine or not so waited for their reply to not receiving the email. I also sent a new help request explaining my concern so that I may get a second opinion. I received a reply today saying that the new request would be refused as a duplicate request and that I must go back to the original request code pages. Also it said that they needed me to sent the two files so that the helper could get onto my compute to help correct the error with the programme.

The latest is that I replied to this message explaining my concern again and that I was not willing to allow anyone to have control of my computer and that my computer has already refused the email containing those files and given a security warning. So now await their response.

As I say, this is a genuine company and may be genuine enough but I am not happy about this. I did ask them if I could simply download a fresh copy of the programme and how to do that without loosing any of my previous work but they have never commented back on that. I have backed up all my Video files so won't lose those but there may be internal data that I may have to back-up also.

I would appreciate any guidance you can give me on this issue.

Thanks.

BillEWS

If you have concerns over the veracity of the email communication try using Twitter or another channel to contact the company.

Status
Not open for further replies.