• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Shakespeare Express - Fare confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SquireBev

From Brighouse, now in Brum, via Worcester
Idly looking into the Shakespeare Express this afternoon, I discovered a fairly substantial discrepancy in the published fares.

The primary website has a standard return at £35, and first class at £45, but the online booking engine shows £20 and £35 respectively.

I've emailed Vintage Trains about this and had the following response:

Thank you for the email received.

The booking system is not ‘life’ yet, hence the discrepancy. Our website designers/technical team are hard at work to get the system correct and up-and-running as soon as possible.

We will advise all passengers that are subscribed to our newsletter (http://www.vintagetrains.co.uk/signup.aspx), when the bookings for ‘Shakespeare Express 2020’ are open.

Sadly this doesn't clarify which fare will ultimately be the correct one, and raises a few concerns about the running of their website, given how easily I was able to access this supposedly inactive booking system! There's nothing on either the main website or the booking system to inform visitors that it's not yet live.

Does anyone have any info on what the fares have been in previous years, or any experience of booking online through Vintage Trains?

Status
Not open for further replies.