• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Shunt driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monopoli

Is there anyone who is a shunt driver or knows the role of a shunt driver that can assist me in explain what the role is about and what is expect?

Not much online when doing my research

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cavan

where are you applying for? The role differs depending on the toc.

Grannyjoans

Usually driving on a maintenance depot

Every depot usually has the following:
Arrival roads
Fuel point
Maintenance Shed Roads
Holding Sidings
Carriage Sidings

The role will involve driving trains between all the above. Usually you drive between roads via a Shunt neck at each end of the depot.

The role will also involve:
Pulling points
Regular Communication via hand held radio
Fault fiding
Train Prep
Moving/assisting failures and units "under repair"
Fuelling
Tanking

Monopoli

Usually driving on a maintenance depot

Every depot usually has the following:
Arrival roads
Fuel point
Maintenance Shed Roads
Holding Sidings
Carriage Sidings

The role will involve driving trains between all the above. Usually you drive between roads via a Shunt neck at each end of the depot.

The role will also involve:
Pulling points
Regular Communication via hand held radio
Fault fiding
Train Prep
Moving/assisting failures and units "under repair"
Fuelling
Tanking

Thank you very much

Grannyjoans

I used to be a Shunt Driver so let me know if you've got any questions on any specifics

GJL9916

I used to be a Shunt Driver so let me know if you've got any questions on any specifics

Hey guys, I have just got some assessments to do for a shunt drivers job the tests are Visual Search Exercise (VSE)
& Magnificent 7 Situational Judgement Test (M7SJT). I am going to answer the judgement tests with the aspect of safety in mind for each one but looking at some of the examples there could be different correct answers for each question or I would do a mixture of two answers and can't pigeon hole my answer to any of the options - do you have any advice on these tests GrannyJones ? I intend to practise a lot as they do not have to be done for a week!

Cheers

GLENMAYE77

I’ve had the same tests through.

Don’t think they are the 2 fails and out tests though.

Be interested if someone knows the shunt driver salary as non of the communication from Freightliner has mentioned it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.