• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Signalling fun at Baldock 04/04/2024

uglymonkey

Not exactly sure what is going on, trains cancelled & delayed this morning due to a "signalling fault".

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TheDavibob

Based on a Reddit thread, I believe a signalbox in Cambridge took a direct lightning strike at around 0615 this morning:

Don’t often see signal box struck by lightning by that nasty localised storm that ripped through Cambridge earlier this morning caused major rail disruption at Cambridge station today.
I can only corroborate that there was indeed a localised thunderstorm.

Last edited by a moderator:

Magdalia

Established Member
The issue is also affecting trains to/from Liverpool Street.

Real Time Trains suggests that trains were running ok until just before 0700.

I heard the thunder too.

EDIT: trains resumed running at about 0800, but with some residual disruption.

Last edited:

MikeWM

Established Member
I heard nothing at all in Ely, but then I'm a heavy sleeper, takes a lot to wake me up!

Typical GN service 'recovery' with a 2+ hour gap in services to/from Kings Lynn (then two trains in quick succession). Fortunately for those of us in Ely needing to get to work, GA managed (as ever) to recover much more quickly.