• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SNCF Loco-hauled services.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AY1975

Established Member
TER Gare de Lyon - Laroche-Migennes. Stops at Fontainebleau-Avon for Napoleon's Versailles
Are any of the Paris-Dijon TERs still loco-hauled, or just the Paris-Laroche Migennes shuttle? The Paris-Dijon TERs were already a mixture of loco-hauled Corail sets and bi-mode units last time I travelled on that line when staying with friends near Auxerre in 2014. And of course the Laroche Migennes-Auxerre-Avalon line is worked exclusively by bi-modes.

Also, at that time some of the Paris-Dijon TERs used the Gare de Lyon and some used the Gare de Bercy. I expected Bercy to be a largely all-unit station but back then there were even some loco-hauled workings out of Bercy. Not sure if there still are now.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

D6130

Established Member
Are t
Are any of the Paris-Dijon TERs still loco-hauled, or just the Paris-Laroche Migennes shuttle? The Paris-Dijon TERs were already a mixture of loco-hauled Corail sets and bi-mode units last time I travelled on that line when staying with friends near Auxerre in 2014. And of course the Laroche Migennes-Auxerre-Avalon line is worked exclusively by bi-modes.

Also, at that time some of the Paris-Dijon TERs used the Gare de Lyon and some used the Gare de Bercy. I expected Bercy to be a largely all-unit station but back then there were even some loco-hauled workings out of Bercy. Not sure if there still are now.
Are any of the Paris-Nevers-Clermont Ferrand intercités still loco-hauled....or are they all units now? ISTR that some, or all, of those use Bercy.

Austriantrain

Established Member
Are t

Are any of the Paris-Nevers-Clermont Ferrand intercités still loco-hauled....or are they all units now? ISTR that some, or all, of those use Bercy.

Still loco-hauled, but not for too long, the replacement units from CAF for this and the Paris Austerlitz - Toulouse route are already being built.

route101

Established Member
I have booked Bordeaux to Marseille intercite, hopefully a loco hauled.

HamworthyGoods

Established Member
I have booked Bordeaux to Marseille intercite, hopefully a loco hauled.

These are loco hauled a mix of BB7200 and BB26000 on Corails.
Are t

Bercy - Clermont ICs all hauled for now, the units are expected to be a couple of years away.

Bercy - Nevers TERs a mix of new units and hauled.

j2002

Thank you all again for the information provided, I've just arrived home from a great week of travel round France.

Managed to travel on some of the TER out Paris Nord, TER out of Paris Austerlitz, TER Marseille to Cannes, Intercités Toulouse to Marseille, and of course the Intercités Nuit. :D:D

Attachments

• 20230826_083448.jpg
    20230826_083448.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 74
  • 20230824_080458.jpg
    20230824_080458.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 74
  • 20230823_130947.jpg
    20230823_130947.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 70
  • 20230823_085943(0).jpg
    20230823_085943(0).jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 75

D6130

Established Member
Managed to travel on some of the TER out Paris Nord, TER out of Paris Austerlitz, TER Marseille to Cannes, Intercités Toulouse to Marseille, and of course the Intercités Nuit. :D:D
Great....nice photos. Looks like you had better weather than we had here (....which would not be difficult!)

route101

Established Member
Thank you all again for the information provided, I've just arrived home from a great week of travel round France.

Great pictures. I am travelling on the Bordeaux to Marseille next week. Looking forward to it.

route101

Established Member
These are loco hauled a mix of BB7200 and BB26000 on Corails.

Bercy - Clermont ICs all hauled for now, the units are expected to be a couple of years away.

Bercy - Nevers TERs a mix of new units and hauled.
I had a BB26000 on the Bordeaux to Marseille service.

Anyone got a list of Intercites services?

U-Bahnfreund

With Corail coaches I have been IC Bordeaux-Marseille, TER Marseille-Nice these past days. Also TER Strasbourg-Basel and some TER Strasbourg-Nancy and possibly Strasbourg-Paris. Also some loco-hauled stock with RRR stock on the TER Saverne-Sélestat and Strasbourg-Lauterbourg and possibly other of the closer Strasbourg TER services

HamworthyGoods

Established Member
Hauled Intercities (all with Corails):

• Paris Bercy - Nevers - Clermont BB26000
• Paris Austerlitz - Limoges - Toulouse BB26000/BB7200
• Bordeaux - Toulouse - Marseille BB26000/BB7200
• All Intercities de Nuit
• Ouigo Classic Paris - Nantes / Lyon BB22200

Hauled TERs with Corails:

• Paris Nord - Amiens / Maubeuge BB22200
• Paris Est - Nancy - Strasbourg BB26000
• Paris Gare de Lyon - Laroche BB7200
• Paris Austerlitz - Orléans / Tours / Bourges BB26000/BB7200
• Paris Montparnasse - Le Mans BB7200
• Strasbourg - Nancy / Basel SBB BB26000
• Lyon - Geneva / Chambery / Bourg St Maurice / Modane BB22200
• Annecy - Chambery / Grenoble / Valence BB22200
• Lyon - Valence - Avignon - Marseille BB22200
• Marseille - Toulon - Cannes - Nice BB22200

Hauled TERs with other stock:

• Lille - Amiens / Calais / Maubeuge BB22200 with double deckers
• Paris Nord - Amiens / Compiegne / St Quentin mostly peaks BB15000 with double deckers
• Paris St Lazare - Vernon / Evreux Normandie BB15000 with double deckers
• Saverne - Strasbourg - Sélestat BB22200 on single deckers
• Strasbourg - Saales BB67000 on single deckers

Routes which have recently ceased loco-hauled operation are the TER Paris Bercy to Nevers services.

On the immediate hit list with some Corails already displaced by units and more expected at the TERs from Paris Austerlitz to Orléans / Tours / Bourgs as well as Paris to Laroche (nearly all services to Dijon are units) and services from Paris Nord to Amiens and Maubeuge

Hope this helps

peteb

Still plenty of loco haulage at Toulouse, to Paris via Limoges, Bordeaux, Marseille, all Intercités compulsory reservation. Also loco hauled night services.
NB: Unless you're doing a huge amount of distance, it's often much cheaper to just book the IC's, rather than use interrail. First class offers are very competitive and allow seat selection, so once you've sussed where the good seats are it's easy to get these in future.

Unless of course you get a lovely old un-refurbished corail as per 0638 Nimes to Bordeaux today, then reservation system gives up and you sit where you please!!

SWT_USER

Not done it by train for a few years but last time I did it Toulouse to Tarbes/ Pau/ Hendaye by Intercités was loco hauled. Is this no longer the case?

nw1

Established Member
Does Bordeaux-Nice still exist? (I presume it's not loco-hauled if so, as it's absent from the lists here).

I noticed there were a few a day when I went to Nice in 2012.

Flying Snail

Established Member
Does Bordeaux-Nice still exist? (I presume it's not loco-hauled if so, as it's absent from the lists here).

I noticed there were a few a day when I went to Nice in 2012.

IC are all hauled sets Bordeaux - Marseille and some hauled TER Marseille - Nice

peteb

There are some weird and wonderful goings on at Intercités this week. According to the chef du train I was on today they've strengthened several sets with older corail stock, un refurbished but very tidy, clean and comfy. It's clear SNCF staff love their corails. Not sure why the train terminating at Brive at 2110 tonight was 15 carriages unless they require back up down at Toulouse for Rugby tomorrow. But a good time to be travelling loco hauled! Although Intercités requires a seat reservation these appear largely defunct on trains with out-of-sequence carriage formations, weird seating plans (EG compartment stock instead of open plan) etc, so it's been a bit of a free for all today.

On Moderation
There are some weird and wonderful goings on at Intercités this week. According to the chef du train I was on today they've strengthened several sets with older corail stock, un refurbished but very tidy, clean and comfy. It's clear SNCF staff love their corails. Not sure why the train terminating at Brive at 2110 tonight was 15 carriages unless they require back up down at Toulouse for Rugby tomorrow. But a good time to be travelling loco hauled! Although Intercités requires a seat reservation these appear largely defunct on trains with out-of-sequence carriage formations, weird seating plans (EG compartment stock instead of open plan) etc, so it's been a bit of a free for all today.
The rugby World Cup has started this weekend in France, so perhaps that is related to why SNCF are strengthening?

GW43125

Established Member
Hi all, just a few questions if anyone knows the answers please.
Does anyone have a list of specific loco hauled diagrams (mainly after the nez casse)
Is Dijon-Lyon still BB22200?
Are there any Paris-Lyon BB7200 still?
Is Marseille-Nice and Lyon-Marseille solid BB22200 or are there some unit/other loco diagrams?
Also is Paris-Toulouse still likely to be dropping BB22000 next year or don't we know?

Thanks.

Last edited:

GW43125

Established Member
Whilst we're at it, could someone please tell me what the booked traction is for TER17483, 11.57 Marseille-Nice, on a Monday next month?

peteb

Does anyone have a list of specific loco hauled diagrams (mainly after the nez casse)
Is Marseille-Nice and Lyon-Marseille solid BB22200 or are there some unit/other loco diagrams?

Thanks.
I was in Toulouse Thursday 7th, Saturday 9th and Sunday 10th Sept and saw nez cassé on both Toulouse-Paris and Bordeaux-Marseille services.
EG:
22294 was on 1031 Toulouse to Paris on 9th Sept.

107268 was on 1928 Toulouse to Bordeaux on 7th Sept.

7258 was on 1428 Toulouse to Bordeaux on 7th Sept.

But every other loco hauled I travelled on was a BB22200.

For sheer fast running loco hauled experience Bordeaux to Marseille route is tremendous, though not the most scenic. But the run from Toulouse up to Limoges via Brive is very scenic, albeit quite slow (line speed mainly 120km/h), but very curvy so good views of loco from rear of train.

Last edited:

HamworthyGoods

Established Member
Also is Paris-Toulouse still likely to be dropping BB22000 next year or don't we know?

Thanks.

If you look at post #43 I’ve summarised what still runs

Status
Not open for further replies.