• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SNCF Train Composition and Haulage

Status
Not open for further replies.

burns20

A few journeys I will be doing at the end of ths month and am intrigued if they will be loco hauled and the chance of onboard catering.

June 25th

5955 Paris Bercy-Clermont Ferrand
15957 Clermont Ferrand-Marseille St Charles

June 26th

17402 Marseille St Charles-Veynes Devoluy
85662 Veynes Devoluy - Grenoble
96607 Chambery - Geneve

Thank you in advance - Dan

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Picasso

Hello,

5955 Paris Bercy-Clermont Ferrand --> Loco hauled (BB 26000), 7 or 14 "teoz" carriages.

15957 Clermont Ferrand-Marseille St Charles --> should be a 3 corails consist hauled by a diesel BB 67400

17402 Marseille St Charles-Veynes Devoluy --> DMU (probably X72500 or AGC)

85662 Veynes Devoluy - Grenoble --> DMU (X73500 ?)

96607 Chambery - Geneve --> Should be a bi-mode (dmu/emu) B82500 AGC

The only train where catering will be available will be the Teoz Paris Clermont-Ferrand. The last 3 trains are TER (regional trains) and therefore don't have catering.

Have a good trip ! The route from Clermont-Ferrand to Ales (- Nimes - Marseille) is highly scenic.

Éric

Gordon

A few journeys I will be doing at the end of this month and am intrigued if they will be loco hauled and the chance of onboard catering.

5955 Paris Bercy-Clermont Ferrand
15957 Clermont Ferrand-Marseille St Charles
17402 Marseille St Charles-Veynes Devoluy
85662 Veynes Devoluy - Grenoble
96607 Chambery - Geneve

Just a few minor additions.

Teoz trains are advanced reservation only (and usually get pretty full IMHO)

Do stock up on a large picnic for the Clermont - Marseille service over the Ligne des Cevennes (which is one of the top scenic journeys in Europe)

Marseille - Veynes mostly likely AGC afaik
Veynes - Grenoble most likely X73500
Opinion are divided as to the comfort levels on these two types of unit, the X73500 are rather more 'short distance' style in the seating configuration so you have to be lucky with seat availability (Veynes - Grenoble is very scenic as well)

Reading between the lines, Grenoble - Chambéry will be by bus, as sadly you'll fall into the rebuild period for this line which usually has lots of loco hauled local services - see my post: http://www.railforums.co.uk/showpost.php?p=698112&postcount=5

burns20

Have already booked a seat on the 0858 Teoz Service from Paris Bercy to Clermont Ferrand (the only thing that could go wrong is tryng to print it out at the station).

Yeah I didn't mention the bus but it makes a nice change from trains for a bit, also can compare with First Rail Support.

LouJ

Continuing the theme of SNCF Train Composition anyone know whether there are any loco hauled trains on this route particularly between Caen and Paris.

Pen Mill

Continuing the theme of SNCF Train Composition anyone know whether there are any loco hauled trains on this route particularly between Caen and Paris.

There's an Intercity (was or still is Corail) roughly every hour Caen to Paris
I think it used to be a BB16000+DVT ,is probably a BB15000+DVT now although I'm a little out of touch.

Picasso

There's an Intercity (was or still is Corail) roughly every hour Caen to Paris
I think it used to be a BB16000+DVT ,is probably a BB15000+DVT now although I'm a little out of touch.
All trains Paris Caen Cherbourg are still loco hauled, with BB 15000 and BB 26000 on Paris to Cherbourg services which are classiifed as V200 (200 kph). During week days (Monday - Friday) there are also Paris to Evreux or Serquigny with push-pull double deck suburban carriages, with old BB 17000.

BB 16000 do not run anymore on the lines from Paris St Lazare, the very last ones are to be seen on trains from paris Nord to Amiens or St Quentin.

Éric

LouJ

Its good news about the Caen service to Paris. Thanks for all the info.

Now what about loco hauled services from Paris down to Bordeaux.

Obviously badly hit by the LGV and TGVs I hope there might be the odd service still using loco haulage. Anyone any ideas?

Picasso

Its good news about the Caen service to Paris. Thanks for all the info.

Now what about loco hauled services from Paris down to Bordeaux.

Obviously badly hit by the LGV and TGVs I hope there might be the odd service still using loco haulage. Anyone any ideas?

Hello,

Too late for investigations tonight ;), but let's say that 100% of Paris to Bordeaux and beyhond services are TGV's. But Paris-Orleans-Tours "Aqualys" services are still loco hauled trains.

There is still a night train between Paris (23:11) and Irun (7:36), but no chance to see it in the daylight.

Éric

LouJ

But Paris-Orleans-Tours "Aqualys" services are still loco hauled trains.

That's good news - so the question becomes are there are any loco hauled services between Tours and Bordeaux?

Gordon

If you are preapred to be adventurous, there are ways of getting to Bordeaux with all or nearly all loco hauled. You can still achieve Paris - Bordeaux loco hauled, by going Paris - Limoges - Montauban - Montauban - Agen - Bordeaux.

There are loco hauled services Paris Tours via Orléans as already stated, and there are some regional loco hauled services Angouleme - Bordeaux, so technically the only non loco hauled bit is Tours - Angouleme

Status
Not open for further replies.