• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SNCF Warning Sign Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

43021HST

Established Member
Does anyone have a clue what this sign says? Currently looking at making it for a model railway project if anyone could source any higher res pics that would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advancewarning sign.JPG

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

eastwestdivide

Established Member
It looks like it might be a version of the "Attention! Pour votre sécurité..." sign, as seen at the top of this page:

i.e. a sign telling passengers what (not) to do for safety

Possibly with a second language after each of the 4 points (French in bold, other language in regular type)

Veteran Member
It looks like it might be a version of the "Attention! Pour votre sécurité..." sign, as seen at the top of this page:

i.e. a sign telling passengers what (not) to do for safety

Possibly with a second language after each of the 4 points (French in bold, other language in regular type)
I think it's tri-lingual from the way the text is laid out.

This is presumably a variation and gives you the English - I would expect German as the third though.

https://images.app.goo.gl/Q7tg98ixN1cSbSot7

Peter Kelford

Essentially it says:

'You must not:
Get on or off a moving train
Get on a train while its departure is signalled as imminent by [multiple ways of showing 'this train is ready to depart].
To place objects obstructing the closure of the doors or to open the doors once the 'right away'/'ready to depart' signals are given, as well as when the train is moving away or has not fully stopped yet.
To board or alight from a train at a place other than a railway station or halt.

Status
Not open for further replies.