• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

South East Wales and West Of England Business Rail Link

Status
Not open for further replies.

grahame

Fast and regular train services connecting South Wales, North Somerset and the inner residential areas of Bristol with the Patchway, Aztec West and Westgate business areas of North Bristol, and with Bristol Temple Meads for the City Centre and ongoing train connections to the rest of the UK.

Up to five trains an hour will serve a new station at Aztec West, a re-sited Pilning (Westgate) station, and the existing Patchway station allowing quick and easy rail travel between home and work.

Work will commence on the new and re-sited stations in January 2019, with services calling by December 2019. The budget for this project is £15 million - that's less that a fifteenth of the cost of Metrobus - and will be undertaken under JFDI (Just do it!) principles. "Cheap and cheerful" says Tom Plates, mayor of the West of England "I want this to come in on budget and be open well before I stand for re-election".

Well ... why not? http://www.sewweb.info

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

HowardGWR

Established Member
I am responding just to keep this up the top of the list, - until 1200 anyway!

Sean Emmett

I knew this was an April fool when I saw Marvyn Seer, Mayor of Bristol's purported quote. He actually said "Blimey, I'd better get my underground built PDQ".

Status
Not open for further replies.