• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

South Pennine Day Ranger

BingMan

Where do I buy one of these tickets?
I will be starting from an unmanned station and AFAIK they are not available from TVMs

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Where do I buy one of these tickets?
I will be starting from an unmanned station and AFAIK they are not available from TVMs
Where's the station? If it's one managed by Northern, then their TVMs are capable of issuing a wide range of Day Ranger tickets. Current adult price is £29.80.

BingMan

Where's the station? If it's one managed by Northern, then their TVMs are capable of issuing a wide range of Day Ranger tickets. Current adult price is £29.80.
Yes it is Northern: Chinley. They must have upgraded the machines since I last bought a wayfaref##

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Yes it is Northern: Chinley. They must have upgraded the machines since I last bought a wayfaref##
I want to say they've been able to retail rovers for twelve/eighteen months or so? But yes I'm fairly sure you'll be able to purchase one at the TVM. I'll be passing by one (in the North East) in an hour or so and will have a look.

Andy Pacer

Established Member
It's a pity not all ticket machines sell them, when I purchased a Coasts & Peaks 4 in 8 rover a few weeks ago it was literally seconds compared to minutes spent trying to explain to ticket office staff what it is and them trying to locate it on their console!

Deerfold

Veteran Member
It's a pity not all ticket machines sell them, when I purchased a Coasts & Peaks 4 in 8 rover a few weeks ago it was literally seconds compared to minutes spent trying to explain to ticket office staff what it is and them trying to locate it on their console!

Northern machines seem to have gone from being one of the worst to one of the best in terms of what they sell and where they are. I'd have gone for something smaller than the giant screen advertising what you're getitng to the entire queue if I'd had the choice , though.