• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

South West Falcon price query

Status
Not open for further replies.

henairs

Hi there,
I’ve been looking up prices for the above service and noticed that on the Megabus ticket site most prices on this service whether single or return show a standard price irrespective of distance travelled (flat fare format)
For instance travelling on the 1035 service from Taunton to either Cullompton, Exeter or Plymouth it shows single or return fares as being £10 wheverer you go.
My question is whether this information is correct as seems very strange if so.
I know a concession pass is no longer accepted on these services as they are now run under the name of Scottish Citylink and no longer Stagecoach despite the same vehicles being used.
Any help on this matter will be gratefully received.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

richard13

I don't know specifically, but as the service has now transferred to Megabus (Scottish Citylink) from Stagecoach south west the local fares, through fares, ENCTS passes etc seem to have been discontinued as per the note on the bottom of the service changes for Exeter buses for 3rd September.

The Falcon seems now to be a pure coach service and not an express bus as originally set up. Thus coach fares only, which is a pity.

The bus opportunity is now the X22 Taunton to Willand or Tiverton and change to 1 or 55 for Cullompton or Exeter respectively. The X22 does run more often now (every1 1/2 hours instead of 3 hourly)

henairs

I don't know specifically, but as the service has now transferred to Megabus (Scottish Citylink) from Stagecoach south west the local fares, through fares, ENCTS passes etc seem to have been discontinued as per the note on the bottom of the service changes for Exeter buses for 3rd September.

The Falcon seems now to be a pure coach service and not an express bus as originally set up. Thus coach fares only, which is a pity.

The bus opportunity is now the X22 Taunton to Willand or Tiverton and change to 1 or 55 for Cullompton or Exeter respectively. The X22 does run more often now (every1 1/2 hours instead of 3 hourly)
Thanks for your reply. Presume you can still buy a ticket from the driver if enough space available onboard ?

richard13

The Megabus website has a Falcon page: Megabus/falcon

It says you can use contactless to pay the driver, but it is cheaper bought on-line. Their quick links are only to Bristol/airport.
No fare information is given.

The times and vehicles have not yet changed, but the fares and booking have changed. Standard coach arrangement applies.
May be get a railcard and use the train.

Status
Not open for further replies.