• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southeastern - Trainee Driver - All Depots (03/06/24)

Samzino

Established Member
Does anyone know if its even possible to pass without completing all 25 questions ? Really worried about this and not sure what to do
Could be possible no one ultimately will know till the date mentioned below:
Just had an email from Southeastern.
Just got to wait and see and not over fret on it. After all there are much more Assessments to come and the M7 is the easier I'd say of the lot. You'll find in most of these Assessments that its not always a case of how much you complete but how many are accurately answered. Someone with 25 completed may only have 13 of those questions accurately answered vs someone who has Answered accurately 18 and only done 18 and thus subsequently the former has failed down to accuracy rather than quantity.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ses16

Hi guys.. ive just done my M7SJT.. didnt manage to finish it all as timer run out. Anyone got any ideas on how they mark this or what the process is. Think i was on 19 out of 25 when it timed out.

Also do they let you resit it even if you pay yourself for the test?

Should i contact southeastern ?

Any help would be appreciated
When we did that assessment for Avanti, if you didn’t finish it, it counts as a fail. Sorry to be harsh. Then again Avanti has (we was told by the OPC) the highest standard to achieve for assessments, so if you’re lucky, southeastern’s accepted standard might be lower.

Last edited:

Gabe

Hi I’m new to this forum and page just have a question I applied on the 7th of June and still haven’t heard anything back from Southeastern I’ve checked my dashboard on the website but my application still says “You don’t need to do anything at this time” do they sometimes take a while with reply time ? Or I’ll get an answer after the 30th ?

moonie95

Hi, I’ve applied for Trainee Driver with southeastern in early 2023, couple weeks ago received an email to book DMI, anyone else received an invitation to book DMI?

Jake90

Does anyone know what the process is until the actual training starts?
How many pre screening tests do you have to take? Is there an interview to be accepted on to the course?
And how long from the initial application to the first day as a trainee is it?
I know these are all open ended questions and it probably varies from company to company.

Samzino

Established Member
How many pre screening tests do you have to take? Is there an interview to be accepted on to the course?
I know these are all open ended questions and it probably varies from company to company.
Prior to the SJT I'm change it was pass the SJT then do the assessment center day once shortlisted. You may have also done the mmi on the same day or depending on time another day before the DMI which is its own date.

theasdf

I’ve noticed the closing date has been extended from 30 June to 14 July. Perhaps not getting as many applicants as they’d hoped for! o_O

typicalalex1

There will be multiple assessments, some will be online and some will be in person.
If they're in a hurry, the process will take a few months at least. If they aren't in a hurry, it could take a couple of years which is what I have experienced before.

jack_wrl

Hi guys. To cut a long story short, I’m from up north but have been planning on moving down to London for a fresh start (I’ve just split up with my long term girlfriend). If I applied for this would I be completely dismissed straight away as I don’t live there yet or could they potentially say yes and give me time to move down. Thanks all.

Az87

Hi guys. To cut a long story short, I’m from up north but have been planning on moving down to London for a fresh start (I’ve just split up with my long term girlfriend). If I applied for this would I be completely dismissed straight away as I don’t live there yet or could they potentially say yes and give me time to move down. Thanks all.
They have been very strict on location and will probably reject your application immediately if you apply and put your current address. I have heard of a qualified driver applying for a qualified driver's job and being rejected as they hadn't relocated at the time they applied.

I would contact their recruitment team first and explain the situation.

JWS

Yeh I’m sure you would be rejected, u less you can provide the new address.

I believe they had already said do not apply if you north of the river either.

Neilthegooner

Hi everyone,

I'm seriously considering applying for a trainee train driver position as I need a change after 25 years of being self-employed. I'm 47 years old and wondering if that might be too old to be considered for this role. The application asks for five different skills, but I can only come up with three and am struggling to think of more. I've never had to do interviews, write CVs, or promote myself before. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

PK96

Hi everyone,

I'm seriously considering applying for a trainee train driver position as I need a change after 25 years of being self-employed. I'm 47 years old and wondering if that might be too old to be considered for this role. The application asks for five different skills, but I can only come up with three and am struggling to think of more. I've never had to do interviews, write CVs, or promote myself before. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Best advice I can give you is look at the job description and see if they can relate to you.

TobiasMoonsky

Hi everyone,

I'm seriously considering applying for a trainee train driver position as I need a change after 25 years of being self-employed. I'm 47 years old and wondering if that might be too old to be considered for this role. The application asks for five different skills, but I can only come up with three and am struggling to think of more. I've never had to do interviews, write CVs, or promote myself before. Any advice or tips would be
A
Hi everyone,

Safety! Professionalism! Customer focus...safety critical communication just to name a few

Safety critical communication and customer focus

dalaw

I submitted my application on 14th June. Logging back in to my SE account it shows as submitted but I haven’t heard a thing back so far. Is this the norm or should I have at least had an sjt sent back by now?

Samzino

Established Member
I submitted my application on 14th June. Logging back in to my SE account it shows as submitted but I haven’t heard a thing back so far. Is this the norm or should I have at least had an sjt sent back by now?
Should have had the M7SJT I'd have thought by now. Should show the status of your application somewhere on the portal.

dalaw

Should have had the M7SJT I'd have thought by now. Should show the status of your application somewhere on the portal.
yes it says ‘in process - you do net need to do anything at this time’.
Just seemed a bit long for a response

Samzino

Established Member
yes it says ‘in process - you do net need to do anything at this time’.
Just seemed a bit long for a response
Just a waiting game then. I'd assume you'd see movement after the first set of results are sent out, whenever that is.