• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southeastern - Trainee Driver - Multiple (25/01/24)

felixflyer

For anyone that has recently sat the tests for trainee driver at Tonbridge, I have the practice sheets they sent but wondering whether there are any other tests that they don't list.

Feel free to DM me with any tips if you don't feel it's right putting them on here :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

spellbound330

I applied for this recently as it’s still open. How long does it take to be fast tracked to DMI with OPC passes already?

Croydon1991

Had my DMI on Wednesday. Gutted to say I didn’t pass. Honestly felt ok leaving the interview but obviously missed the mark. I asked for feedback. Also surprised I even had the DMI at Tonbridge as Orpington was my main choice with HR telling me they are desperate for Orp!
Anyway I’m so gutted and don’t really know where to go from here as I aced all the assessments and MMI.

ComUtoR

Established Member
Anyway I’m so gutted and don’t really know where to go from here

You have already taken the first step by checking into other TOCs (I noticed your request in the GTR thread). You need to take the feedback you were given and then see how you need to improve, figure what went wrong, and then plan for the next interview.

Did you get a 'talent pool, 6 month and reapply, or a straight no ?

REO Nate

Had my DMI on Wednesday. Gutted to say I didn’t pass. Honestly felt ok leaving the interview but obviously missed the mark. I asked for feedback. Also surprised I even had the DMI at Tonbridge as Orpington was my main choice with HR telling me they are desperate for Orp!
Anyway I’m so gutted and don’t really know where to go from here as I aced all the assessments and MMI.

I can completely understand why you are gutted, but just try to remember you are not the first and will not be the last to be in this position. What you do now is the important thing and if this is something you really want to do, then don't give up.

As @ComUtoR has said, you need to listen to the feedback and devleop the weaker areas before moving forwards. You know what questions have been asked and they are likely to be similar in the future, so you know what you face.

6 months before you can reapply for SE will fly past and you will be in a stronger position next time.

Samzino

Does SE usually tell you on the day if you've passed or failed the Assessment Day or has there been instances that this is done days later via Call or Email? Also does SE remove candidates on the day if they fail a certain test or does a candidate sit everything regardless of the individual test results until the end? Asking due to a fellow friend who's sat all the Assessments at Tonbridge but didn't hear anything on the day about their results.

vargas1995

Does SE usually tell you on the day if you've passed or failed the Assessment Day or has there been instances that this is done days later via Call or Email? Also does SE remove candidates on the day if they fail a certain test or does a candidate sit everything regardless of the individual test results until the end? Asking due to a fellow friend who's sat all the Assessments at Tonbridge but didn't hear anything on the day about their results.
Morning, when i sat my assessments on the 18/03/24 we was told at the beginning of the day that if you failed on one part of the test you will be sent on your way home.

The tests are split into stages & throughout the day you are required to pass every stage to progress. After each stage they mark it and tell you if it’s time to go home or next stage.

Im guessing your friend passed since they let him do all the assessments. First time hearing that they don't tell you if you have passed or not

Samzino

Morning, when i sat my assessments on the 18/03/24 we was told at the beginning of the day that if you failed on one part of the test you will be sent on your way home.

The tests are split into stages & throughout the day you are required to pass every stage to progress. After each stage they mark it and tell you if it’s time to go home or next stage.

Im guessing your friend passed since they let him do all the assessments. First time hearing that they don't tell you if you have passed or not
I thought so too. Thanks indeed. She did mention they were about 10 but by the end of the day we're around 5 to 6

vargas1995

Oh wow that is a few people making it to the end of the day! I was fortunate enough to have my MMi same day because i was the last man standing.

Been waiting ever since for a DMI.

Does anyone know if any london depots are recruiting soon?

Samzino

Oh wow that is a few people making it to the end of the day! I was fortunate enough to have my MMi same day because i was the last man standing.

Been waiting ever since for a DMI.

Does anyone know if any london depots are recruiting soon?
I'd assume Slade Green or Dartford should be as I know quite a few qualifieds from SE off those two Depots were due interviews recently with my TOC.