• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southern On Board Supervisor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spuddy

Hello,

I am unable to undertake Safety Critical roles due to my eyesight, and I was wondering whether Southern On Board Supervisor's are classed as Safety Critical, or whether they require PTS?

Thank You.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hello,

I am unable to undertake Safety Critical roles due to my eyesight, and I was wondering whether Southern On Board Supervisor's are classed as Safety Critical, or whether they require PTS?

Thank You.
Nope, no PTS required for the OBS role. As far as I'm aware it isn't really classed as safety crit, I could be wrong though, others may help. Role of OBS from what I've seen is stepping off each stop to check for any assistance, checking tickets (pre pandemic), general assistance on board and making announcements.

Spuddy

Nope, no PTS required for the OBS role. As far as I'm aware it isn't really classed as safety crit, I could be wrong though, others may help. Role of OBS from what I've seen is stepping off each stop to check for any assistance, checking tickets (pre pandemic), general assistance on board and making announcements.
Thanks for your response!

Status
Not open for further replies.