• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SOW to HUL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I'm travelling from Sowerby Bridge to Hull and then returning a few days later. Going out I'll take the direct route through Leeds and then onto Hull. However, returning I'd like to travel Hull to Goole, then on to Leeds (on the service via Castleford). Is this possible on an off-peak / anytime return? The National Rail app suggests that more than one ticket needs to be purchased but doesn't specify which ones.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

John @ home

Established Member
I'd like to travel Hull to Goole, then on to Leeds (on the service via Castleford). Is this possible on an off-peak / anytime return?
Yes, The £29.10 Off-Peak Return and £36.70 Anytime Return are permitted by this route.
The National Rail app suggests that more than one ticket needs to be purchased but doesn't specify which ones.
The National Rail app doesn't cope well with journeys where the outward and return legs are by different routes. East Coast gives itineraries including:
  • 1610 Sowerby Bridge - 1657 Leeds 1716 - (1734 Castleford 1736) - 1826 Goole 1838 - Hull 1909
  • 1741 Hull - 1819 Goole 1849 - (1934 Castleford 1937) - 2000 Leeds 2037 - Sowerby Bridge 2119.

Adam0984

To be honest I can't see a problem with coming back via Goole and Castleford. Be nice to see someone travel on the 1849 Goole to Leeds

Status
Not open for further replies.