• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Spa Valley Diesel Gala Sponsorship

Status
Not open for further replies.

theblackwatch

Established Member
RailUK Forums are delighted to announce that, as part of our 10th anniversary celebrations in 2015, we will be sponsoring the Spa Valley Railway’s Summer Diesel Gala which will take place from Friday 31st July to Sunday 2nd August.

Our sponsorship will assist in funding the movement to the railway of one of the two visiting locos which should be attending the event. We are very pleased to announce that the first visiting locomotive is confirmed as being BR Class 20 No.D8098, courtesy of the Type 1 Locomotive Co. Ltd and the Great Central Railway, Loughborough.

The visitors will work alongside residents Class 33/0 33063 ‘R.J.Mitchell’ fresh from bodywork repairs and a repaint, Class 37/0 37254 ‘Driver Robin Prince M.B.E’, Class 73/1 73140 which will be making its first appearances since October 2014, Class 10 D3489 ‘Colonel Tomline’, Class 207 DEMU 1317 and also a possible visiting Class 205 DEMU which is planned to visit the Spa Valley Railway to mark the 30th Anniversary of the lines closure.

It is hoped to have a special 'RaleUK 10' beer available at the event, and in addition, we will be running a competition nearer the time, offering the chance to win a day rover ticket for the event. More details will be announced in due course.

Attractions over the three day Summer Diesel extravaganza will include at least 15 Real Ales, 5 Ciders, late evening ‘Beerex’ services on the Friday & Saturday with evening supper being available, intensive train service over all three days, the popular Queen Mary Brake Van on ‘Set A’ throughout the gala, rare track opportunities at Tunbridge Wells West, Groombridge and Eridge and also there'll be plenty of thrash from the locomotives!

RailUK Forums was founded in June 2005, and is now established as one of the busiest forums in the UK for discussion of all manner of railway related topics, with over 1,000 members visiting on most days. Among the most popular sections of the forum are the 'Fares Advice & Policy' and 'Photography Sites & Videos' areas. The forum can be accessed at www.railforums.co.uk and for full details of the Summer Diesel Gala 2015 please visit www.spavalleyrailway.co.uk – the Spa Valley team are currently working to secure a second visiting locomotive!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

455driver

Veteran Member
Oh great, all my membership money being wasted on sponsoring this poxy gala. <D

Oh hang on I dont pay anything on here do I! :oops:
What an excellent idea using some of the spare money from the advertising revenue to sponsor this wonderful event! :lol: ;)

I am off that weekend (subject to roster change) so might make this, i have done the railway once before and thought it was excellent.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Looks like a great event. Will have to pay a visit to get some thumper action !

Crossover

Established Member
Oh great, all my membership money being wasted on sponsoring this poxy gala. <D

Oh hang on I dont pay anything on here do I! :oops:
What an excellent idea using some of the spare money from the advertising revenue to sponsor this wonderful event! :lol: ;)

I am off that weekend (subject to roster change) so might make this, i have done the railway once before and thought it was excellent.

Don't forget to say hi to the other RailUK people :)

455driver

Veteran Member
Don't forget to say hi to the other RailUK people :)
<snooty voice mode on>
Oh I couldnt possibly speak to any of those, I do have my reputation to think of! ;)
<snooty voice mode off>

Thats snooty not snotty, stop sniggering! <D

NLC1072

Also subject to rostering I may run a car pool to the event from Essex if that works for anybody?

Want to see that Thumper!

NLC1072

Status
Not open for further replies.