• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Special Offers Discussion

sot

On an open ticket the payment comes in AFTER the return travel date that was booked.

I did have an email from them saying it was to be paid on the last day of validity but I think that is wrong.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Haywain

Veteran Member
On an open ticket the payment comes in AFTER the return travel date that was booked.

I did have an email from them saying it was to be paid on the last day of validity but I think that is wrong.
In my experience it's been about 3 weeks after the last day of validity.

MrJeeves

Established Member

MrJeeves

Established Member
Fair enough. The email from them came into my inbox and I couldn't see one from Interrail themselves so I thought it was an exclusive.
I first saw it from the Danish retailer a couple of days ago and also assumed it was exclusive so I don't blame you! :D

mad_rich

I did have some mild success on a recent phone call with Uber CS. The agent asked me to send screenshots of the promotional email through the Uber messaging service. The latest reply has promised to resolve it by Monday...
Of course, the Avios didn't arrive by Monday.

And the support ticket has been closed, so the only way to raise it again is by calling them and starting again from the beginning with an agent who doesn't know what Avios are...

It's almost as if it's designed to be impossible.

ServerHoster

London Northwestern Railway is offering 50% off Advance Tickets to/from London Euston when you sign up to their newsletter.

Book by 31st March, travel from 26th February to 30th April. Not valid with railcards. Must be to or from London Euston. Must book through the app.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
In my experience it's been about 3 weeks after the last day of validity.

l've had my credit allocated today (ticket was purchased and journey made on Wednesday last week). The ticket was a Super Off-peak Return so the technically still has validity for another 3 weeks on the return leg, although l booked for both outward and return travel on the same day, last Wednesday.

winks

The Uber 10% cashback is working great for me. Especially when this is on top of delay repay where possible. Uber credits will transfer into your Wallet approx 7 days after the rail journey I’ve found. Very happy they’ve extended to June 24 as I will be travelling most weekends now and through the summer :)

1D54

Very happy they’ve extended to June 24 as I will be travelling most weekends now and through the summer :)
Similar plans for me but how far i get depends on news from the Discussion Thread!!

northwichcat

Established Member

For travel between two of the following stations

Alnmouth, Althorpe, Altrincham, Ashburys, Ashton-Under-Lyne, Barnetby, Batley, Berwick-Upon-Tweed, Birchwood, Birkenhead Central, Bolton, Bramley (West Yorkshire), Brighouse, Brough, Burley Park, Carlisle, Carstairs, Castleford, Cheadle Hulme, Chester-Le-Street, Cleethorpes, Cottingley, Cramlington, Crossgates, Crowle, Darlington, Deighton, Dewsbury, Doncaster, Dore, Dunbar, Durham, East Linton, Eccles, Edinburgh, Ellesmere Port, Ferriby, Garforth, Gatley, Gilberdyke, Greenfield, Grimsby Town, Habrough, Hatfield & Stainforth, Haymarket, Headingley, Heaton Chapel, Honley, Horsforth, Howden, Huddersfield, Hull, Hyde Central, Irlam, Kendal, Kirk Sandall, Kirkby (Merseyside), Lancaster, Lea Green, Leeds, Levenshulme, Liverpool Lime Street, Liverpool South Parkway, Liverpool Stations, Lockerbie, Lockwood, Malton, Manchester Airport, Manchester Oxford Road, Manchester Piccadilly, Manchester Victoria, Marsden, Meadowhall, Micklefield, Middlesbrough, Mirfield, Morley, Morpeth, Mossley, Moston, Motherwell, New Pudsey, Newcastle, Newton Aycliffe, Newton-Le-Willows, Normanton, Northallerton, Outwood, Oxenholme, Padgate, Patricroft, Penrith, Preston, Ravensthorpe, Redcar Central, Reston, Rochdale, Rotherham Central, Salford, Salford Crescent, Saltaire, Saltburn, Scarborough, Scunthorpe, Seamer, Selby, Sheffield, Slaithwaite, South Bank, South Milford, St Helens Central, Stalybridge, Stockport, Thirsk, Thornaby, Thorne South, Urmston, Wakefield Kirkgate, Wakefield Stations, Warrington Central, Warrington West, Wigan North Western, Wigan Stations, Woodsmoor, Yarm, York

I wonder if the non-TPE stations relate to them being in the same group as stations served by TPE. For example, fares from Heaton Chapel are quite often the same as from Stockport for longer journeys.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
For travel between two of the following stations

I wonder if the non-TPE stations relate to them being in the same group as stations served by TPE. For example, fares from Heaton Chapel are quite often the same as from Stockport for longer journeys.

Possibly, but oddly - to get from Saltaire to Leeds (or less directly, Bradford) for a TPE service you'd have to pass through Shipley, which isn't included.

winks

Trainline are offering a 4.9% discount using the discount code FREEZE49

(Offer lasts 49 hours)

northwichcat

Established Member
Do you think most customers will understand that? :D

Depends how many have looked into Lifetime ISAs and realised a 25% bonus on £4000 is £1000, but a 25% withdrawal penalty on the year's subscription plus bonus is £1250.

I remember a manager putting a long list of webpages to check on a spreadsheet and saying to pick any 10 you want to do. One person picked something like rows 30-40 inclusive and another picked something like 70-80. I joked about them wanting to give 110%.

Billy Hicks

Trainline are offering a 4.9% discount using the discount code FREEZE49

(Offer lasts 49 hours)

Minimum spend £10 and maximum £50, so my £10.40 one day London travelcard with Network Railcard discount became £9.89 - 11p less than what it was yesterday!

winks

Yeah I gave up booking a ticket for next weekend. It came out 0.40p cheaper and there was a booking fee so didnt bother !

I’m not a fan or Trainline.com.

Jamesrob637

Established Member
Only use Trainline if they have mega cheap offers. It's bad enough affiliating with them at work!

MrJeeves

Established Member
I happily make use of their Railcard and season promos (when I was commuting to work) simply because it costs them money :D

A S Leib

Via an email from SNCB International, there's a flash Eurostar sale; Brussels to London return for €78 or Brussels to / from Paris, Rotterdam or Amsterdam (not including Marne-la-Vallée or Aachen, Köln etc.) for €25 each way. Booking from today until Thursday 7 March, travel from 13 March to Thursday 23 May inclusive.

Via an email from Eurostar - £70 mandatory return for Paris, Lille and Brussels, ending 23:00 GMT on the 7th. Excluded dates are
  • 1st, 6th, 7th, 8th, 13th, 14th April, 6th, 8th May (Paris – London)
  • 28th, 29th March, 1st, 5th April, 3rd, 11th, 12th, 20th May (London – Paris)
  • 1st, 6th, 7th, 13th, 14th, 28th April, 6th, 8th May (Brussels / Lille – London)
  • 28th, 29th March, 1st, 5th April, 3rd, 11th, 12th, 20th May (London – Brussels / Lille)

Last edited:

bert992

For those not aware there's currently a 2% cashback offer for all journeys booked via Northern Trains on topcashback.

Trip.com also sell a few traincards on their app which give you 4% off bookings. Screenshot attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240310-071204.png
    Screenshot_20240310-071204.png
    804 KB · Views: 35

Puffing Devil

Established Member
For those not aware there's currently a 2% cashback offer for all journeys booked via Northern Trains on topcashback.

Trip.com also sell a few traincards on their app which give you 4% off bookings. Screenshot attached.

Good savings if you can't/won't use Uber for their 10% credit promo which seems to be running into June.

ServerHoster

I know it's been posted in the other thread but I'll put it here too, Uber has 10% off gift cards purchased via Amazon. Coupled with the 10% cashback, that is a very good 20% saving.

Save 10% on Uber gift cards at Amazon
Amazon is running a new promotion on Uber gift cards.

Via this link, you can purchase an Uber gift card – valid for Uber rides and Uber Eats – for 10% off.

This isn’t as good as some of the 20% deals we’ve seen in the past, but it’s clearly better than nothing. The maximum single gift card you can buy is £150 and the T&C say that you can only take advantage of this offer once, although in the past this hasn’t been applied.

Save 10% on Uber gift cards at Amazon
The code is emailed to you – although plastic gift cards via Royal Mail are also available if you want one – and you can quickly add the credit to your Uber account. My order arrived in nine minutes.

Note that the credit can only be used in the UK. This isn’t something you should do if you can’t get Uber where you live but you are planning a trip to, say, the US soon – the credit won’t work there.

You can order here. The offer runs to 25th March.

Uber tries to encourage you to redeem your gift card by putting it into an Uber Money account. This involves a credit search and stops you using it for rail tickets. Instead, add it under ‘Promotional Code’ in the app and it goes onto your balance as it always used to. (If you already have an Uber Money account you are stuck – it will be added to that however you redeeem it, which means no rail ticket redemptions possible.)

Thanks to Vish for this.

MrJeeves

Established Member
For what it's worth, for me there was an option of gift card when paying for the tickets where I could redeem it directly rather than worrying about it going into a "money account".