• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Special Offers Discussion

ricoblade

The Sheffield Star does not appear to be on the list, any reason does anyone know? A pity as my mum religiously buys it!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ricoblade

I've now got a pile of tokens. It's not clear in the Ts and Cs whether you can claim tickets for multiple days, i.e. if I have 9 tokens can I get 3 tickets for travel on 3 separate days (or weekends)?

The 08:45 start is a bit restrictive for me as I'm usually at Donny about 06:45 on a travelling day.

Rail Ranger

If you have 9 tokens you can buy up to 4 day tickets for 3 different days. Under the National World offer you need to use 3 tokens for each day. Under the Reach offer you use two tokens per day.

Kite159

Veteran Member
I've logged into the Cashback Extras offers for my Halifax credit card and TPE have appeared as an option with 3% back (no min spend). Better than nothing.

ricoblade

If you have 9 tokens you can buy up to 4 day tickets for 3 different days. Under the National World offer you need to use 3 tokens for each day. Under the Reach offer you use two tokens per day.

Thanks, the FAQ is **** poor, last question (hopefully). It says take your form and tokens to "any staffed station". I assume this means any station with a ticket office that is open (!) and does it have to be Northern staffed as my two local ones are LNER staffed.

Iskra

Established Member
If anyone is interested West Coast Rail Company are running a 72 hour 'flash sale' on their Dalesman services this season, with a 15% discount. Meaning a STD return ticket over the Settle-Carlisle behind a steam loco (and a vintage diesel too) from Yorkshire/Cheshire/Lancashire is £72, which I think is decent and I believe is cheaper than last year. Other classes are also discounted. The code to quote when booking is DALESFLASH23.

MidsMike

I’ve some Northern vouchers from the Manchester Evening News where two tokens are required. But I will be buying them from Sheffield where the papers require three. Will they accept two?

MrJeeves

Established Member
My LNER Amex cashback offer expired last week, but I've now got a 5% back at TPE available. Sadly it is only valid for one purchase, though.

Still got 10 pts per £1 with Nectar Connect (equiv. to 5%), so will likely stick with that.

northwichcat

Veteran Member
Do others have that £70 minimum? Cause when I asked before no one had heard about it

Mine changed to £70+ around Easter time. I only noticed when my purchase of a £12 ticket didn't track. I'd been getting around £6 a quarter but £5 of that was from a £100 ticket for a journey I made a few times a year, so I wasn't using it excessively for small transactions.

Edit: Looks like Pemberton replied on the 7 April saying like you he had seen the £70 minimum applied.

westv

Established Member
I've no idea whether I have £70 minimum on mine. If I buy tickets they'd be more than that anyway. Shouldn't it be in the T&Cs?

Pemberton

Thanks northwichcat.
Airtime Rewards do make it clear on my app that the spend with LNER, which can be on any journey, needs to be a minimum of £70 to qualify for the 5% cashback.
Separately, it might be an opportune time to remind anyone who purchases a Railcard with Tesco Clubcard vouchers that the current 3x value goes down to 2x value on 14th June 2023. However, if you use your vouchers before that date they will be valid for 12 months from the date of exchange. So, you can exchange vouchers for a Railcard now at 3x value and the code will be valid for a Railcard applied for over the next year.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230528_105225_Airtime Rewards.jpg
    Screenshot_20230528_105225_Airtime Rewards.jpg
    686.5 KB · Views: 24

westv

Established Member
Thanks northwichcat.
Airtime Rewards do make it clear on my app that the spend with LNER, which can be on any journey, needs to be a minimum of £70 to qualify for the 5% cashback.
Separately, it might be an opportune time to remind anyone who purchases a Railcard with Tesco Clubcard vouchers that the current 3x value goes down to 2x value on 14th June 2023. However, if you use your vouchers before that date they will be valid for 12 months from the date of exchange. So, you can exchange vouchers for a Railcard now at 3x value and the code will be valid for a Railcard applied for over the next year.
I swapped some vouchers for a senior railcard code in March but I only have until September to use it. It will be my first so it wil be used by then anyway.

Just checked my app. I have 8% no minimum spend. With the 2% Perks it's almost back to EC Rewards days although I buy far fewer tickets nowadays.

Last edited:

mangyiscute

Established Member
I've just had lner show up on my nectar connect - does anyone know if a) i can use this offer for multiple transactions and b) I can use this offer when buying e-vouchers?

northwichcat

Veteran Member
I've just had lner show up on my nectar connect - does anyone know if a) i can use this offer for multiple transactions and b) I can use this offer when buying e-vouchers?

Click the show offer link. If it's the same as mine it's valid for one use only and for only for train journeys booked through LNER. So the answers appears to be no and no.

Pemberton

I swapped some vouchers for a senior railcard code in March but I only have until September to use it. It will be my first so it wil be used by then anyway.

Just checked my app. I have 8% no minimum spend. With the 2% Perks it's almost back to EC Rewards days although I buy far fewer tickets nowadays.
The Tesco Clubcard voucher extension from 6 months to 12 months was announced around 22nd March.