• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Speeds within Cauldwell depot

Status
Not open for further replies.

tracerboy

Hi guys stuck on a question can anyone help. What speeds are associated with train movements within Cauldwell depot?

Hope someone can help.

Cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

John Webb

Established Member
From going on the "Thameslink Tracker", run by the Branch Line Society in July 2015, I recall it was either 10 or 15mph, but I'm not 100% sure.

John Webb

Established Member
10 mph on all roads except 3mph through the wash, and 5mph in the sheds.
Ah! I wasn't wrong then. The "Thameslink Tracker" went through the (working) washer at both Cauldwell and Jowett sidings - must have been the cleanest train on the line!

westcoaster

Established Member
Ah! I wasn't wrong then. The "Thameslink Tracker" went through the (working) washer at both Cauldwell and Jowett sidings - must have been the cleanest train on the line!

Spick and spam, slight error the wash at Bedford is not at jowett sidings but between the main line and Bedford CS.

John Webb

Established Member
Spick and spam, slight error the wash at Bedford is not at jowett sidings but between the main line and Bedford CS.
Thanks - the map that was supplied for the trip doesn't make clear that these are separately named as the numbers of the sidings run sequentially across both, it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.