• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Split ticket delay repay - cost calculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubieyehyeh

I recently submitted my first split ticket delay repay claim to GTR, they don't make it easy with their online form.

I was fully expecting them to rejecting it for a number of reasons which I was pleasantly surprized they didn't given previous issues with much more straight forward claims, however I think they mis-calculated the cost.

I was using a £9.90 thameslink only GC discounted GTW to z1-6 travel-card and a GTW to home GC discounted single on a southern train from victoria where I was delay by over 30mins (during a period of time where GTR accepted TL only tickets on all GTR brands)

My understanding is a 30-59min delay compensation is a 25% of a return ticket and 50% of a single.

They have agreed the claim and calculated the delay as 25% of the total price of the two tickets. Is that correct? I thought it would be 25% of £9.90 + 50% of single ticket, which is about a £1 more.

Am I wrong or is the calculation GTR made correct?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
I recently submitted my first split ticket delay repay claim to GTR, they don't make it easy with their online form.

I was fully expecting them to rejecting it for a number of reasons which I was pleasantly surprized they didn't given previous issues with much more straight forward claims, however I think they mis-calculated the cost.

I was using a £9.90 thameslink only GC discounted GTW to z1-6 travel-card and a GTW to home GC discounted single on a southern train from victoria where I was delay by over 30mins (during a period of time where GTR accepted TL only tickets on all GTR brands)

My understanding is a 30-59min delay compensation is a 25% of a return ticket and 50% of a single.

They have agreed the claim and calculated the delay as 25% of the total price of the two tickets. Is that correct? I thought it would be 25% of £9.90 + 50% of single ticket, which is about a £1 more.

Am I wrong or is the calculation GTR made correct?
Your calculations are correct - where there are different types of split tickets involved (e.g. singles, returns, rovers, seasons etc.) the appropriate delay compensation percentage must be calculated with respect to each individual ticket and ticket type.

Also note that GTR's ticket acceptance period was not the only time where brand-specific tickets were valid on other GTR brands - there is no facility for such restrictions to have any effect under the NRCoT and so they are ineffective. In other words, if the restriction means anything, it is effectively "GTR only" - and so it is, and always was, valid on all GTR brands (regardless of the recent and very wrong announcement that ticket acceptance is "ending").

bubieyehyeh

Thanks for confirming my calculation.

Yes, I'm well aware of the validity of TL only tickets. That is why I carefully worded it as a period when *GTR* were accepting them on other brands. I was half expecting a rejection for being an invalid ticket combination.

Status
Not open for further replies.