• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Spot the error - do Eversholt know where their stock works ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bevan Price

Established Member
Look here first, and see if you can spot the all too obvious mistake - or wishful thinking.

I will leave a few blank lines before making further comments,
to give you time to think about the advert first.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------

So, Class 331 works out of Chester and Ellesmere ?
We can but wish.
And I presume they mean Ellesmere Port?

Ellesmere lost its railway 60 years ago.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

py_megapixel

Established Member
The Class 195 page may shed some light on this issue. It contains the same ridiculous sentence, but in the future tense: "They will be used on the Northern Connect services out of Manchester Airport and Chester or Ellesmere."

I could imagine this happening if someone created a page for the 331 knowing that they are very similar to 195s and so just copied the text over - then proofread and realised that the tense is wrong, as the 331s are actually in service now, but not bothered check the actual facts.

"Chester or Ellesmere" is quite amusing as well. Makes it sound like they can't make their mind up where to put them - a non-existent depot, or an electrified one in completely the wrong place? Decisions, decisions...

And I presume they mean Ellesmere Port?
Ellesmere lost its railway 60 years ago.
This sort of mistake is quite common. Infotec's website has a picture of the information screens they manufactured for "Mauldeth and Burnage station". That makes it sound like one station called "Mauldeth and Burnage", when it's actually two - Mauldeth Road, and Burnage - which are next to each other on the same line.

Status
Not open for further replies.