• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

St David's Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiefPlanner

Established Member
A bit late - but the Train Operators rose to my actual name. GWR handed out authentic Welsh cakes on the main line , and Valleys Line conductors either wore daffodils and /or made suitable anouncements over the PA.

Not that I am at all biased ,born in West Wales and (weather permitting) always a March 1st returnee , but so refreshing. And uplifting.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
A bit late - but the Train Operators rose to my actual name. GWR handed out authentic Welsh cakes on the main line , and Valleys Line conductors either wore daffodils and /or made suitable anouncements over the PA.

Not that I am at all biased ,born in West Wales and (weather permitting) always a March 1st returnee , but so refreshing. And uplifting.

Excellent Guv!

Ken H

On Moderation

Diolch yn fawr

Ken H

On Moderation
There is a new coffee chain owned by Brains Brewery in Cardiff. They sell welsh cakes in their outlets. Even in Evesham!
its called Coffee#1

There is a new coffee chain owned by Brains Brewery in Cardiff. They sell welsh cakes in their outlets. Even in Evesham!
its called Coffee#1

Coffee#1 has been around since the early 2000s, in Cardiff at least - I was a regular at the Albany Road branch for years.

Ken H

On Moderation
Coffee#1 has been around since the early 2000s, in Cardiff at least - I was a regular at the Albany Road branch for years.
they are expanding fast. Moving into the midlands. Evesham, tewkesbury, Droitwich, Lichfield, Worcester, Brum,cov, Daventry, Kiddy, Pershore, Redditch, ......

they are expanding fast. Moving into the midlands. Evesham, tewkesbury, Droitwich, Lichfield, Worcester, Brum,cov, Daventry, Kiddy, Pershore, Redditch, ......

Good to know - always liked them. Hopefully they'll reach King's Lynn sometime...

robbeech

Established Member
Well I don’t think I could have been in much more Welsh company this year. Max Boyce Live at Swansea Grand. And an excellent show as always from the man.

allaction

Good to know - always liked them. Hopefully they'll reach King's Lynn sometime...
News for all you Coffee#1 fans - Brains have sold a 70% stake in the company to Caffè Nero... who say that they will retain its separate identity. Hmmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.