• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

St. Pancras on New Year's Day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mugby

Established Member
I'm intending to travel on one of the early EMR services on 1st Jan, either the 0710 or 0829 STP- Sheffield. Does anyone know if any of the food outlets or coffee shops are likely to be open around that time, to get a drink or snack to take on board? Either on the concourse or in the immediate vicinity?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

baz962

Established Member
I'm intending to travel on one of the early EMR services on 1st Jan, either the 0710 or 0829 STP- Sheffield. Does anyone know if any of the food outlets or coffee shops are likely to be open around that time, to get a drink or snack to take on board? Either on the concourse or in the immediate vicinity?
Greggs might be open by then. Maybe pret or amt or Starbucks. Just re read above regards pret .

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
If all else fails you'll be able to get supplies at a local convenience store, try the parade opposite Kings Cross or the Sainsbury's Local on Pentonville Road.

Andy Pacer

Established Member
Greggs might be open by then. Maybe pret or amt or Starbucks. Just re read above regards pret .
Didn't realise there was Greggs at St Pancras and on closer research there are actually two.
Every day's a school day as they say!

Mugby

Established Member
Didn't realise there was Greggs at St Pancras and on closer research there are actually two.
Every day's a school day as they say!
No, I didn't. In the end I got the 0829 train and M&S Simply Food had opened by then so I bought a sandwich and drink from there. Only when I went up the escalator to the upper level did I see Greggs, which was open. If only I'd known sooner!

johntea

Established Member
Late to the party but there is also a Greggs at King's Cross station now too!

Either Greggs are making a lot of dough (groan!) or station rents are cheaper these days it seems...

Howardh

Established Member
Happily Greggs are everywhere, there's even one on Bolton interchange and open until about 7.30pm; great for a cheap tea which you can put a lid on and walk to the platform. The snack bar on Bolton station charges at least double for a cup of tea!!

Status
Not open for further replies.