• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Staff Rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crossforth

Established Member
Morning all,

I’m not quite sure where I should’ve posted this so I thought this forum will do.

For those of you who don’t know, I am a guard for a TOC and I’m based in the North of England. I today travelled up to Newcastle and on my way back South, the train was leaving Northallerton and an enthusiast was signalling for the driver to sound the horn so he could film it. I have not a problem with that, especially as he was well behind the yellow line. Once the front of the train had passed him, he signalled for me to sound the horn. Unfortunately I can’t say I do sound the horn from the back cab unless someone is putting their life or someone else’s in danger. I don’t blame him for trying though. My problem came when as my back cab passed the enthusiast, he shouted obscenities at me and I don’t understand why.

So if that was anyone on this forum (which I sure hope it wasn’t) then kindly stop, right now, shouting obscenities at staff. As an enthusiast myself, this gives us all a bad name and is the kind of behaviour that gets people banned from stations and puts the backs up of those of us who are trying to do a job.

I want to see the history of the railway recorded for future generations to see as has been done for many years but if this kind of behaviour continues then our records may become surprisingly empty.

[/rant]

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

70014IronDuke

Established Member
It's like any other segment of society - you get some - sometimes many - nice folks.

And you get less desirables. Parents for sure involved in the outcome, however.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Every time I venture out onto the platform for whatever duty is required, I run into a few idiots. Most passengers and enthusiasts are lovely, but the small minority can really stick in your mind. Sometimes you just have to shrug and sigh. Don't let it ruin your day.

Tim R-T-C

Established Member
While there are some antisocial sorts in our community, sounds like this one might have been rather deep on the autism spectrum to be acting like that.

Crossforth

Established Member
He quite possibly is on the spectrum but if he wasn’t then it’s sad that the minority spoil it for the few. Don’t get me wrong, I love talking to people (when I’m in a good mood) and I’ll always try give information to anyone, especially enthusiasts when they ask but incidents like that put me off :/

Status
Not open for further replies.